Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suite licenses, assignment logic?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
asw20
228 Views, 1 Reply

Suite licenses, assignment logic?

Hello all,

we are evaluating if we should switch to suite licenses in our company.
Actually we have about 300 single product network licenses of different Autodesk 2013 features licensed.

My question - is it obligatory to install a suite when we want to use suite licenses?
In other words - is there a software coming with the suite installation, which "manages" the license
requests?

Example: a user has AutoCAD® Architecture 2013 and Autodesk® 3ds Max® Design 2013 , both members of
Building Design Suite Premium, installed on his machine.
The programs have been independently installed as single applications.
Now, when he is using both applications at the same time, will our license server automatically be requested
for a Building Design Suite -License?

Thanks a lot for feedback!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: asw20

The beauty of the cascade is that if there are BDS licenses available, it will cascade to those seats.  So, yes it should take a BDS even if it was previously installed as its own network license. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report