Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

1,173 REPLIES 1,173
SOLVED
Message 1 of 1,174
brian.kling
113676 Views, 1173 Replies

STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

You are having problems with:

• Getting a Serial Number or Product Key
  • Your 30 day trial is about to expire
  • Your 30 day trial has expired and you can't get a serial number
See the Solution in the Reply below!

Brian Kling
Sr International Customer Experience Lead
Autodesk, Inc.
1,173 REPLIES 1,173
Message 141 of 1,174
jerome.pineau
in reply to: nhat816

Hello there,

Can you private message me your serial # and product key and I'll have our people look into that for you first thing Monday morning? Click the little envelope icon next to your name on top of this page to send it to me.

Thanks,

J.

Jerome Pineau
AutodeskHelp | Social Media Strategist
twitter.com/AutodeskHelp
jerome.pineau@autodesk.com

Message 142 of 1,174
arlinpega.bibat

Hi Nhat816:

Your serial number was forwarded to us by Jerome. Upon checking our record, it seems that it is still unregistered. In order for you to activate, please have it registered through www.autodesk.com/register. Once you have it registered, you may activate your serial number on your main machine. Now, once you have activated,please verify if you have the three year license. You may follow the steps provided on this link as well:http://students.autodesk.com/?nd=3yearlicense_faq.

We would like to hear from you. Please feel free to respond to this post.

Have a nice day.

Best Regards,

Arlin

Arlin Bibat
Message 143 of 1,174
nhat816
in reply to: arlinpega.bibat

ok, that's one of the problem also, i do not have the product request code it asks for when i try to register before...i also tried clicking the 30 days trial installation thing but it gave me a a fatal error, so how do i get the product request code?

Message 144 of 1,174
arlinpega.bibat

Hi Nhat816:

It's good to hear from you.

1) You will have to register your serial number first though our website:www.autodesk.com/register. You may log-in using your student community user ID and Password. Once you have logged-in, you will see the screen shots provided below. Follow-through the instruction until you get a confirmation that you have it registered.

1.JPG

2.JPG

We will need for you to have it registered before we can assist you with its activation.

2) Assuming that you have completely downloaded the software to your machine, we may help you in manually activating your serial number by giving us the request code. Following are the steps to retrieve the request code:

1. Run the program
2. Pull down menu 'Help'
3. Click on 'About'
4. Click the Production Information button at the right hand corner
5. Click on the Activate button
6. On this page you will be able to view Product, Serial Number and Request Code

Please note that student licenses may only be activated once in the main machine. Once you have the request code, you may PM it to me and you may want to include your email address so I could send it to you.

We hope this clarifies.

Thanks,
Arlin

Arlin Bibat
Message 145 of 1,174
nhat816

This is what I get when I open the product...my problem goes from there.Untitled1.pngUntitled2.png

Message 146 of 1,174
isabelle.f
in reply to: jerome.pineau

Hello Eng- can you please contact me - I work at Autodesk.

Isabelle Forter
Front Desk Representative
Global Business Services
Message 147 of 1,174
isabelle.f

Hi Nhat-

was your issue resolved...

Isabelle Forter
Global Business Services
Message 148 of 1,174
nhat816
in reply to: isabelle.f

No, still hasn't worked :(( same error everytime..

Message 149 of 1,174

Hi Nhat:

To assist you better, please verify if you have registered the serial number as per my previous response. You will have to register the serial number first so you may install and activate. If you have not, our alternative is for you to provide me your email address in Education Community or User ID so I may check our record and validate. Please include your address information when you PM me and I will see if I could try and register you if you are having difficulties from your end.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Best Regards,

Arlin

Arlin Bibat
Message 150 of 1,174
nhat816

Problem has been resolved. Thanks guys so much! AutoCadd 2012 is amazing!

Message 151 of 1,174
hike1

I'm still waiting for my 3 serial numbers, when I log in to students it says I haven't downloaded anything, when I

DL'd it never gave me any serial numbers, just went straight to the download.

Message 152 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: hike1

Hi Hike1,

Can you please PM me your student login ID and password so that I can look into this further.

Message 153 of 1,174
Crinzema
in reply to: philip.s

Ok, I have revit 2011 installed on my computer. I am a student and I would like to activate it. But when I try to activate it with the serial number and product key given to me on the education community webpage, it says, "Your license has expired. For further assistance, you must contact your autodesk authorized reseller. I registered autodesk 2010 with their new 3 year student licence just fine, but with revit 2011, I can't seem to do that. It gives me an option to "use another method" for registering, but I don't know if it recognizes me as a student, it doesn't say it anywhere. I don't want to be charged for the software since I'm using this for school. My serical number and product key should be sufficient in registering the software. 

~Crinzema

Message 154 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: Crinzema

Hello Crinzema,

Can you please PM me your Revit 2011 serial number when you get a chance so that I can troubleshoot accordingly.

Message 155 of 1,174
philip.s

Thank you Craig and your very welcome for the prompt response,

The serial number that you provided (ending in 8530) did in fact expire 10/16/2011 so I'm guessing that you may have received this from the Education Community prior to the license policy change to 3 years?

You can certainly request a new license for the same title and release by going through standard process (log in to the Education Community, http://students.autodesk.com/, click on "Free Software", and then select your product / version / language ect.. downlaod). Please note that you may need to uninstall / reinstall the software in order to activate your new license.

Hope this helps!!!

Message 156 of 1,174
Crinzema

this is what shows up when i try to download the software. The loading bar is stuck, it never changes. Qny ideas as to how to fix this? 

Capture.JPG

Message 157 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: Crinzema

I'm sorry for the inconvenience Craig.

The Education Community site was down at one point yesterday, and I also personally experienced the frozen loading bar when trying to access the Download Center. I'm guessing that it could have been a residual effect from the prior outage?

With that being said I just logged in a few minutes ago and verified full functionality. Could you please try one more time and let me know if you're still having the same issue.

Picture2.png

Message 158 of 1,174
Angelo.A

Hi Nhat,

I am glad that the issue has been solved. If you think it was the "clean install" step that helped solve it, if that was the case, then please feel free to click on the "Accept as solution" button, as it could help others with similar issues. Thank you!

Angelo Aramayo

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 159 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: hike1

Hi hike1,

I was able to login to to the Education Community with your information and successfully request a license for AutoCAD 2012 (can be viewed in "My Software"). I'm not sure if this was the original cause but due to popularity of the student program, it is sometimes difficult to keep up with the demand for serial numbers and occasionally they become unavailable for short periods of time.

With that being said can you please log in and repeat the license request process for the 3 serial numbers that you require. Please let me know if your still experiencing issues and provide any relevant specifics i.e. particular software titles / versions.

Message 160 of 1,174
Crinzema

To let you know, I now can download revit 2011, But I have already downloaded and re-installed revit 2011 a couple of days ago to see if I could get it activated. That did not work. I still have the same serial number and product key as I did before. I'm not clear as to how I can get a new serial number. Simply going back to download the program hasn't worked and neither has uninstalling the software. Is their a way I could get an activation code?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report