Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

1,173 REPLIES 1,173
SOLVED
Message 1 of 1,174
brian.kling
111979 Views, 1173 Replies

STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

You are having problems with:

• Getting a Serial Number or Product Key
  • Your 30 day trial is about to expire
  • Your 30 day trial has expired and you can't get a serial number
See the Solution in the Reply below!

Brian Kling
Sr International Customer Experience Lead
Autodesk, Inc.
1,173 REPLIES 1,173
Message 1021 of 1,174
oandrelima
in reply to: brian.kling

i am a student and i am trying to get my license for the free autocad that i downloaded, but its not working. 

when i try " connect now and activate" the error 400 apears.

the informations on "product licens activation options"

Product: AutoCAD 2013 Serial Number: XXX-XXXXXXXX Product Key: 001E1

thank you!

Message 1022 of 1,174
grace.liu
in reply to: oandrelima

Welcome to the community  oandrelima! 🙂

As error 400's typically require a manually generated activation code. Could you please send me a Private Message (click on my grace.liu profile name and then “Send this user a private message”) with your Serial Number and Request Code , I will generate the activation code manually. Or please contact our License Assistance Team for direct support.

Tips: For the protection of the information, please do not post your Serial Number, request code or other privacy information in the public forum. :smileyhappy:  

Thanks,

Grace Liu

Message 1023 of 1,174
cdhargis42

downloaded autocad inventor 2013. installed it. typed in the license number they gave me. go to start inventor. this is the message i get. "Runtime error! please repair or reinstall the program. No license available. License does not exist or has expired. tried to repair through the control panal-add/remove program. just uninstalls. uninstall and reinstall. same issue.

Message 1024 of 1,174
Zman7

Similar issues getting my installs activated. Initially had the wrong serial number installed on a lab. After changing a few,

we must have had a connectivity issue or something getting the new serial # activated. Anyway, now it says "There have been too many activation attempts with this serial #...."

The submission mechanism doesn't work, all my attmepts so far in regard to support have been a failure.

The fix they suggested didn't apply to my situation. I only got to talk to someone via the phone as someone got me the licensing support number...but that was to no avail.

There is an option to enter an activation code - that would seem like the easiest way to fix this.....

AutoDesk are you out there??

Message 1025 of 1,174
t_gaisf
in reply to: Zman7

Hi,

Welcome to the forum!

Please send me a PM (click on t_gaisf profile name and then Send this User a Private Message) with your Serial Number, the request code and confirm the registered company name

or contact our licence assistance team for direct support.

Regards

Franz Gaisbauer

Message 1026 of 1,174
calderone.dan

I am having trouble registering and starting up, similar to message 1011 posted a few days ago. I have a 2011 Mac running Maverick. Current student status. My liscense is giving me trouble I think. Error code 110. Please see the post I am refering to below and thank you for any help you can provide. Included is a screenshot of the error message afer trying to continue from the startup registration screen. 

Thanks again,

Dan

Here is the post I am refering to:

From message 1011 a few days ago:

"

i have bought a new macbook pro (retina) with mavericks OSX preinstalled and have installed maya 2014 learning edition on it. (after deactivating the license on my old macbook)

when i open the application and try to active the software, it gives me two errors:

A license error has occurred. Contact your technical support representative for assistance

To help determine the nature of the problem, the error code is: 110

License was not obtained

Tried Maya 2014 (657F1 2014.0.0.F), error 20

License method:

environment variable

MAYA_LICENSE_METHOD='standalone'

Product choise:

environment variable

MAYA_LICENSE="unlimited"

License file override:

environment variable MAYA_ALT_EN is not set

when i open the License Transfer Utility(English) and click the SIGN IN... button NOTHING happens.

please help.

Message 1027 of 1,174
reyven15

Good Day!

What to do if the error page upon installing shows:

Location Error - Download Request

Download Not Available

This download is not available in some countries.

I already generated my seriial number and product key for AUTOCAD 2013.

Thank you.

Tags (1)
Message 1028 of 1,174
celine.manca
in reply to: reyven15

Hi reyven15 and welcome to our forums!

Can you try to download the product from our Virtual Agent?

Click the Ask button and select "download links" from the pop-up windows. Then, select your product and version.

Let me know if you need further help.

Celine Manca
Message 1029 of 1,174
Zman7

Thanks AD for your prompt response with a code. I have all my machines activated now. Thanks again.

Message 1030 of 1,174

I'm having trouble activating AutoCAD 2013 when I start it up. I get a black activation screen. One of these occur. (See attachments)

Message 1031 of 1,174
jessica.t
in reply to: 275040244

Hi Moazam and welcome to the Discussion Groups!

I am to see you are having activation difficulties. Please see this article to help resolve your blank activation screen issue.

Please let me know if this resolves your issue or if you have any other questions or concerns.

Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 1032 of 1,174
reyven15
in reply to: celine.manca

Thanks Celine. I have installed the software already.

Thanks for the help! =]
Message 1033 of 1,174
dinam
in reply to: jessica.t

hi I'm a student of idi and trying to download a student version for revit but its asking me the serial #. where can i get it?

Message 1034 of 1,174

Hi,

I tried to install the inventor pro and got a hopfully valid installation key.

When starting the installation I only allows to install two other products, not the wished one.

-Inventor Fusion 2013

-Design Review

This feature was not expected.

How can I proceed corractly?

Thanks in advance, Max

Message 1035 of 1,174
Patricia.Cuizon
in reply to: dinam

Hi Dina!

Welcome to the forums!

You can refer to this link for instructions on where to find your serial number after you have downloaded the software from the Education Community.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Patricia Cuizon

Message 1036 of 1,174

I am trying to activate my software.  It shows that the serial number I type in is correct, however when I type in the product code that was provided with the serial number, it says the product code is incorrect.  What do I do now?!

Message 1037 of 1,174

Hello VermeulenFaulRossouw and welcome to the Community!

You can find all product key from here, please check whether you entered was match with your product?

Thanks,

Grace Liu

Message 1038 of 1,174
b.lueke

Hi there,

i just installed a SSD on my new Laptop and before that  i just deinstalled my IV 2013 from my Desktop Pc! I got an Activasion (Request Code) from an Mod and just thought i can use it again after installing my new SSD. but now i have the same problem as before! I need a new Activasion Code 😞 The Activasion over the Internet fails with the error 400.....

Can some Mod help please!

Message 1039 of 1,174
zippitydoda

I'm trying to set up Autodesk Inventor 11

You sent me the following

Activate your 3-year student version license for Autodesk Inventor Professional 2011 - WIN 32 - EN.
Serial number: 900-XXXXXXXX
Product key: 462C1

when I try to activate the software (Using the given Serial Number) I get the following error:

Enter Product Serial Number.

>>> cut and past from email <<<
The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again. (1)

So what is the problem?

Message 1040 of 1,174

When I installed Autodesk Revit, my serial number was correct, however the product key that I was provided with for this product did not work and therefore I couldn't move forward with the installation. I then entered the product key for just Autodesk Revit 2013, and this time the product key was accepted to be a correct match with my serial number and I could proceed and finished the installation.

Now when I want to activate Autodesk Revit 2013, it keeps saying my product serial number is incorrect, and now I cannot continue with the activation of the product?!?!?!?

What do I do now?  What product key should I have used, where can I go and change the product key if I used the wrong one for installation, and why did it initially not want to accept the product key that was emailed to me together with the serial number?

I don't know what to do to continue, and my 30 day trial is expiring soon and I have not made any progress getting my product activaed and ready for use.  PLEASE HELP!

Regards

Vermeulen Rossouw

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report