Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

1,173 REPLIES 1,173
SOLVED
Message 1 of 1,174
brian.kling
112088 Views, 1173 Replies

STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

You are having problems with:

• Getting a Serial Number or Product Key
  • Your 30 day trial is about to expire
  • Your 30 day trial has expired and you can't get a serial number
See the Solution in the Reply below!

Brian Kling
Sr International Customer Experience Lead
Autodesk, Inc.
1,173 REPLIES 1,173
Message 1001 of 1,174
fb1125
in reply to: brian.kling

Hi!

I'm a student using Outtakes products for two years. Recently I tried to upgrade my AutoCAD, Auto CAD Architecture and 3dsMax Design software from the 2013 version to the 2014 version. I could install the programs without any problems. The serials and the product keys worked perfectly. But when I wanted to license them,  the "Connect now and activate" option doesn't worked (error 400). When I tried the other way, getting an activation code from Autodesk, the web page accepted my serial number, but when I chose the software I wanted to register and clicked on the next button, it said, that I can't license it. (error code 2) This happened with all three of the software .
Please help me, what shall I do?

Message 1002 of 1,174
simona.golisciano
in reply to: fb1125

Hello fb1125,

Welcome to our forums.

Can you please either send me a Private Message (click on my simona.golisciano profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with your serial number + request code, or contact our License Assistance Team for support.

Thank you.

Simona Golisciano
Message 1003 of 1,174
b.lueke
in reply to: fb1125

Hi i just installed Inventor 2013 on my Desktop PC. And just wanted to install it on my New Notebook too.

But now im only getting an Error 400 and my Trial is about to expire! Can somebody help? The Serial ect. is The same as before?

Ty very much

Message 1004 of 1,174
t_gaisf
in reply to: b.lueke

Hi, 

Please send me a PM with your Serial Number, the request code and confirm the registered name. I will get back to you as soon as possible.

(click on t_gaisf profile name and then Send this User a Private Message)

Franz Gaisbauer

Message 1005 of 1,174
patryks99
in reply to: t_gaisf

Can you send me code? thanksupvc fitters

dieta odchudzająca

Message 1006 of 1,174
Raimi.Buang
in reply to: patryks99

Hello patryks99 and welcome to the community!

Please drop me a private message (Click on my Raimi.Buang profile name and then on Send This User a Private Message) with the Serial Number, Registration information and 
Request Code.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Raimi Buang

Message 1007 of 1,174
WiserDev

I have a problem. I am using 3DsMax Design 2012. On one user account my license works, but on the other I get Flexnet license window on startup. I tried to upload the license from a file and use the correct network and still nothing just get the same thing. Any help.

Message 1008 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: WiserDev

Welcome to the community Nicholas!

It sounds like you may have installed the software as a network deployment instead of a standalone. Can you confirm, and/or reinstall making sure to select standalone?

Message 1009 of 1,174
marktrav

Hi everyone I installed Autodesk AutoCAD 2014 and Inventor 2014 student versions on my laptop and are also trying to install them on my desktop but when I try to activate the products it says that my activation limit has been reached has anyone else run into the same problem

Message 1010 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: marktrav

Hi Mark!

That is actually by design as student licenses are allotted 1 activation. Per the Education Community Serial Number FAQ:

You shall not install more than one copy of any release version of any Software product obtained on this site on more than one system at a time. For example, a faculty member has a desktop computer at home and a laptop computer she uses at work. That faculty member could not install a copy of AutoCAD 2013 on both the desktop and laptop systems simultaneously. She could, however, install AutoCAD 2012 on the desktop system and AutoCAD 2013 on the laptop system simultaneously.

If necessary, you can utilize the License Transfer Utility to move the license between desktop and laptop.

Hope that helps and please let me know if I can provide additional clarification!

Message 1011 of 1,174
andrejvgo

i have bought a new macbook pro (retina) with mavericks OSX preinstalled and have installed maya 2014 learning edition on it. (after deactivating the license on my old macbook)

when i open the application and try to active the software, it gives me two errors:

A license error has occurred. Contact your technical support representative for assistance

To help determine the nature of the problem, the error code is: 110

License was not obtained

Tried Maya 2014 (657F1 2014.0.0.F), error 20

License method:

environment variable

MAYA_LICENSE_METHOD='standalone'

Product choise:

environment variable

MAYA_LICENSE="unlimited"

License file override:

environment variable MAYA_ALT_EN is not set

when i open the License Transfer Utility(English) and click the SIGN IN... button NOTHING happens.

please help.

Message 1012 of 1,174

Hello andrejvgo,

Welcome to our forums.

Can you please send me a Private Message (click on my  profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with your serial number? I'll look into this.

Thank you.

Simona Golisciano
Message 1013 of 1,174
m_love3020

thank you

Message 1014 of 1,174
ap948

Hello. I purchased Autodesk Infrastructure Design Suite Ultmate 2014 Student. Where do I obtain my Serial No.?

Thanks.

Message 1015 of 1,174
ap948
in reply to: andrejvgo

Any help on the question above? Thanks

Message 1016 of 1,174
yanmotabb

Eu já baixei o Autocad e agora Estou tentando baixar o Autodesk Revit e não estou consegindo. Toda vez que eu tento na hora de escolher o sistema operacional não aparece e quando aparece fica carregando e não vai. Me ajude, como faço para baixa-lo???

Message 1017 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: ap948

Hello Amedeo! 

There should be a sticker on the inside of the box with serial number access / eligibility verification instructions.

Message 1018 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: yanmotabb

Welcome to the community Yan!

Can you please try utilizing a different browser and let us know if that resolves the issue?

Message 1019 of 1,174
virgiv

I'm a student and I've wrong because I downloaded the windows version and I have a mac so of course it didn't work. I then dowloaded the mac version but I don't have the serial number for it because I have the window's one. how can I do?

Message 1020 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: virgiv

Welcome to the community Virginia!

As a member of the Education Community, your serial number will be exactly the same for all products that you have requested. For more info please check out this FAQ.

Does that help?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report