Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

1,173 REPLIES 1,173
SOLVED
Message 1 of 1,174
brian.kling
114311 Views, 1173 Replies

STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

You are having problems with:

• Getting a Serial Number or Product Key
  • Your 30 day trial is about to expire
  • Your 30 day trial has expired and you can't get a serial number
See the Solution in the Reply below!

Brian Kling
Sr International Customer Experience Lead
Autodesk, Inc.
1,173 REPLIES 1,173
Message 161 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: Anonymous

Craig, can you please PM me your Education Community login ID and password.

Message 162 of 1,174
arlinpega.bibat

Hi:

I checked on your 2011 serial number and it seems that it has already expired. For you to get a new serial number, once you have logged-in to your account, click on "Get Software" button located on the upper left hadn side of the screen and you will be routed to the list of available software for download. As per screen sot below, once you click on "Next", there will be a pop up window where you have to click "I understand". To update your serial number, please follow the instrutions provided from this link:

http://students.autodesk.com/?nd=3yearlicense_faq#8

Should you encounter any further issue, please do reply to this post allowing us to have your password reset so we may troubleshoot or send your User ID and password through PM. Alternatively, you may also complete this form:http://students.autodesk.com/?nd=problem_form  and our Education Community Team will contact you directly.

Thanks!

Please click on "Accept as Solution" if this suggestion helped you solve your request.

Education.JPG

Education_1.JPG

Arlin Bibat
Message 163 of 1,174
nancycpoblete
in reply to: brian.kling

Good day!

I have my serial number and product key in autodesk maya. license agreement appeared and there is an icon if im going to accept the terms and conditions. but the after clicking the I ACCEPT no changes at all. no appearance of serial number or product key. what im going to do?

thank you... 

Message 164 of 1,174

Hi Nancy:

Could you please PM me your serial number? Have you registered it? If possible, please provide additiional details regarding your issue and a screen shot of where you're at when you encountered the error.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Arlin Bibat
Message 165 of 1,174
Anonymous

when i try to activate my student serial number it says i cant register it in the U.S.

Message 166 of 1,174
arlinpega.bibat

Hi:

Please PM me your serial number so I may check. Thanks!

Arlin Bibat
Message 167 of 1,174
philip.s

Hi snowboarder9512,

Typically one would receive this error if their profile is registered / associated with a school outside of the US.

Can you verify the name of the college that is displayed under your name when you login to the Education Community?

Message 168 of 1,174
Anonymous

My products are all fully activated and functional. But this is mainly just something's that's been bothering me. On the "My Software" page, all the of the programs I downloaded say they haven't been activated. Even though when I go to the actual program on my desktop, they all say they've been activated. So why does it do this? I'm just somewhat minorly OCD about stuff like this.

autodesk software.png

Message 169 of 1,174
philip.s

Hi Kevin,

There is a lag time associated with the syncing of the numerous systems that need to interact, consequentially causing the "Activation Status" in the Education Community not to accurately display. Please allow a couple of days for the changes to become visible.

Message 170 of 1,174
Anonymous
in reply to: philip.s

Thanks for satisfying my curiosity then! Now then, I'm just waiting for Autodesk Inventor 2012 to uninstall to install the 2011 version due to lack of backwards compatibility and because my school's still using the 2011 version of the Autodesk Suite.

Message 171 of 1,174
philip.s

Hi Michael,

Your serial number was associated with a European location stamp, thus preventing you from registering it in the US. I've reset your password and requested a new license from the Education Community which has also been registered to your account. I'll PM all relevant info to you shortly.

Please let me know if this resolves your issue.

Message 172 of 1,174
Anonymous

Hi,

I've tried to follow the instructions on the first page however it hasn't worked so it comes to part 3. I tried to download maya 2012 for mac and like many others, I have received a message telling me that the serial has ran out.

How may I get this serial number? Its also quite weird that in account the software tab says I haven't downloaded anything yet but in fact I've actually downloaded and installed maya already. Just waiting on a serial number.

I look forward to someone helping me as I've been waiting for the past few days for this website to come back on live.

Regards,

Troy.

Message 173 of 1,174
celine.manca

Hi Troy,

I would recommend that you fill the Student Community form for your issue. The team will handle your request and provide you a new serial number and product key.

Thanks!

Celine Manca
Message 174 of 1,174
Anonymous
in reply to: celine.manca

Hi Celine,

Thanks for your quick response. I realised that after reading the second & 3rd page of this thread. My apologies for the bump.

Regards,

Troy.

Message 175 of 1,174
celine.manca

No worries Troy, let us know if you need anything else.

If this answer was useful to you, would you mind clicking the Accept as Solution button?

Thanks!

Celine Manca
Message 176 of 1,174
Anonymous
in reply to: celine.manca

Hi,

Thanks for the help. I've obtained the serial code. However when I tried to activate maya just automatically stops and say that an error (0) occured.

I tried to do it on the web and it says the serial codes cannot be used in Australia...

What should I do?

Regards,

Troy.

Message 177 of 1,174
celine.manca

Hi Troy,

Could you please send me your serial number via private message? I will check it.

Thanks!

Celine Manca
Message 178 of 1,174
Anonymous

Last year I got Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD Mechanical through a 3 year educational license. A few days ago it said I needed to reactivate. When I try to requect an activation code, all I get is this:

"Reactivation Limit Reached
You have exceeded the number of times you can receive an activation code to reactivate your product on this computer. 

If you are experiencing a technical problem that requires you to reactivate your product, please contact your support provider.

(Error: 11)" 

HELP!! I got 7 days left!! ...or so it says

Message 179 of 1,174
philip.s

Benjamin,

Looks like this is a duplicate post to the one that was resolved in the following thread.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Actvation/m-p/3230776#M39917

Please don't hesitate to let us know if there is anything else that we can help you out with.

Message 180 of 1,174
Anonymous

Unbelievably I got the 3 serials and product keys, apparently you have to wait at least 2 minutes before they appear,

at least on satellite internet.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report