Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

1,173 REPLIES 1,173
SOLVED
Message 1 of 1,174
brian.kling
113552 Views, 1173 Replies

STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

You are having problems with:

• Getting a Serial Number or Product Key
  • Your 30 day trial is about to expire
  • Your 30 day trial has expired and you can't get a serial number
See the Solution in the Reply below!

Brian Kling
Sr International Customer Experience Lead
Autodesk, Inc.
1,173 REPLIES 1,173
Message 201 of 1,174
ZornTaov
in reply to: brian.kling

the laptop that I installed my studen version of 3dsMax that I downloaded from here had to be returned to the manufacturer, I am now on a new laptop and would like to use the same product on this new one, I just redownloaded the program again and have not yet tried to use the same product key as before, should I private message you the serial key I used on the old laptop before trying?

Again, the laptop that had the 3DS Max 2012 key that I got from being a student and signed up with students.autodesk.com is GONE and I am on a new laptop.

Message 202 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: ZornTaov

Hi Zorn,

You're correct in that we will need to manually activate your license as it has already been activated on the old machine. Please send me a Private Message with your serial number and the corresponding request code.

How to Find Your Product Request Code - LINK

Message 203 of 1,174
juneup05
in reply to: ldannis

The serial number of the produc I bought is:

XXX-XXXXXXXX, !! it expired after 30 days of use !!

I can not use it anymore.

Please help me I bought online in E-bay but they do not

honor the sell nor the reseller.

They are misusing the name of Autodesk.

Regards

Julio

Message 204 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: juneup05

Juneup5,

As this is a public form, I've edited your posting above to remove the serial number / sensitive license information.

Autodesk products are available only through authorized Autodesk resellers or directly from Autodesk. If you have obtained the software from another source, please return it to them and request a refund.

To order a valid license, please visit our website www.autodesk.com and look for an authorized Autodesk reseller in your region. Go to Locate A Reseller and select the product you are interested in, enter your zip code and select search.

Message 205 of 1,174
george.bailey
in reply to: ZornTaov

Hello,

I just downloaded Maya and Smoke as a student.  I was able to install both, but could not activate either one.  Smoke tells me it has expired.  Now both say:

Your online activation request has returned an error (0) which is not allowing your request to be processed using our automated systems.

Click the "Use another method" link below to complete the necessary forms and submit your request to the local Autodesk Business Center for your area. A Customer Service Representative will respond within the next 2 business days.

I have sent in emails, but no one has contacted me.  Any ideas, or directions you can send me?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Message 206 of 1,174

Hi:

To assist you, please send me your serial number through private message (envelope next to your account name at the top of this page) so I may check further. If you are from the United States, you may call our Registration and Activation Team Monday through Friday between 8 AM and 8 PM Eastern time at 800-551-1490 or email them at Authcodes@autodesk.com. If you are from Europe, you may contact them through  emea.register@activation.autodesk.com.

Alternatively, you may send me the case number so I may have a  look at it.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Arlin Bibat
Message 207 of 1,174
zumland

yeah under my software my programs all say that my software license exires in 2014, but every time I go to open my 3ds max programs it ask me to activate it or tells me it expired already which shouldnt be happening! Whats going on?

Message 208 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: zumland

Hi Zumland,

You need to activate the software with the license information (serial number and product key) listed under "My Software" on the Education Community site. As it sounds like you were previously running the software in its 30 day trial mode and it has consequently expired, you will most likely need to uninsatall / reinstall the program in order to successfully activate your license.

Please feel free to let me know if I can be of additional assistance.

Message 209 of 1,174
Jummybear
in reply to: Mike

Hi,

Question about student version of autocad and ARSA: can i use student verison of these programs on 2 PCs? I have autocad and arsa at home on my PC, but i also buy a laptop for school. Can i install student versions of autodesk progs there and use them? Or its allowed only for 1 machine?

Thank you

Message 210 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: Jummybear

ilja.jevglevski,

Per the Education Community FAQ, "You are only allowed to activate your serial number once on your main computer." Please let me know if you have any additional questions or inquiries.

Message 211 of 1,174
chickie225
in reply to: philip.s

Hi, I opened up Revit 2010 and it said that my license had expired.  I came here and attempted several times to download 2011.  I have crappy internet, so it interrupted the download all the times.  I decidede to uninstall and redownload 2010 as suggested on another page.  I did this, but I still got the same S/N and PK, which is expired.  For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to request a new serial number, even though I have followed directions on this thread and others.  Please advise me on what to do.  I'd prefer to just keep 2010 since I've *finally* gotten a file to download completely.  Thank you.

Message 212 of 1,174

Hi chickie225,

Do Private Message me your Serial Number so I can check on my end.

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 213 of 1,174

Hi chickie225,

Thank you for replying back with your Serial Number.

Indeed upon checking, your Student License, expired 2/13/2011 thus you would need to request for a new Serial Number via the Education Community site. On the site, we still have the 2010 version of your Product available for download.

See steps below on how to request for a new Serial Number:

- Click on the Free Software tab (one of the main tabs, in between Home and Learning tab)

- Choose the desired Product and Version

- After clicking on the Next button, a pop up message will appear saying, "You will now be issued a Serial Number and Product Key".

- Click on the I Understand button, and it will automatically generate your Serial Number and Product Key

Refer to the screenshots below:

forum_chickie225.jpg

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 214 of 1,174
eli0604
in reply to: AT066

hi i try to activate my maya software but i get thi smessage can u help me with that i try almost anything oh and i can unistall the program also.... please i really need help.... 

have a great day tks

Message 215 of 1,174
hike1
in reply to: chickie225

I'm trying to install inventor pro 2012 64 bit, I put in my serial and product code and click 'install' it whirs for a second and

said 'install complete' nothing installs!

Message 216 of 1,174
arlinpega.bibat
in reply to: eli0604

Hi Eli0604:

To assist you better, please provide us serial number you are trying to activate through private message (envelope next to your account name at the top of this page). Upon validation, we may manually activate it for your. 

In order to generate an activation code we will need the request code that is displayed on your monitor after you begin the activation procedure. Following are the steps to retrieve the request code:

1. Run the program
2. Pull down menu 'Help'
3. Click on 'About'
4. Click the Production Information button at the right hand corner

5. Click on the Activate button
6. On this page you will be able to view Product, Serial Number and Request Code

Thank you!

Arlin Bibat
Message 217 of 1,174
arlinpega.bibat
in reply to: hike1

Hi Hike1:

Could you please send the serial number through private message (envelope next to your account name at the top of this page) so we may validate. Also, send us a screen shot of the error so we may have visibility.  For installation guide, you may click on this link: http://autode.sk/vnteiV

Thank you! 

Arlin Bibat
Message 218 of 1,174
hike1
in reply to: arlinpega.bibat

I got Inventor pro installed by deselecting 'include service packs' and the extra stuff. Now Revit Architecture is hanging

at the 'determining installation requirements' screen.

Message 219 of 1,174
Lucaris

Hello. I've got a problem that I need fixing right away. It's the blank activation screen problem, and before you say anything, I've already tried all of the sugested fixes and none of them worked.

I have my Serial and Product keys, but because of this problem I can't the request code to successfully activate Maya.

Is there perhaps a way for Autodesk to send me a request code? Or is this hoping for too much?

Message 220 of 1,174
arlinpega.bibat
in reply to: Lucaris

Hi Lucaris:

To answer your question, request code may only be generated from your end. Could you please send us a screen shot of what you are seeing on your monitor?  It would also help if you could walk us through the steps you've taken when you tried activating your serial number.

I may assist you in manually activating your serial number.  You may follow the steps below to generate request code successfully:

1. Run the program
2. Pull down menu 'Help'
3. Click on 'About'
4. Click the Production Information button at the right hand corner
5. Click on the Activate button
6. On this page you will be able to view Product, Serial Number and Request Code

Please send me the request code together with your serial number through Private Message (envelope next to your account name at the top of this page).

Thank you!

Arlin Bibat

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report