Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

1,173 REPLIES 1,173
SOLVED
Message 1 of 1,174
brian.kling
111920 Views, 1173 Replies

STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

You are having problems with:

• Getting a Serial Number or Product Key
  • Your 30 day trial is about to expire
  • Your 30 day trial has expired and you can't get a serial number
See the Solution in the Reply below!

Brian Kling
Sr International Customer Experience Lead
Autodesk, Inc.
1,173 REPLIES 1,173
Message 981 of 1,174
camilo.lemos
in reply to: 191084

Hi Mariusz,

Please, send me the serial number and request code of your product via Private Message (click on my camilo.lemos profile name and then on Send This User a Private Message).

Thank you,

Camilo Lemos

Message 982 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: bisbeebc

Welcome to the community Joel! 

Can you check / attach your installation log for the specific failure reference?

Message 983 of 1,174
sufiymomoh
in reply to: brian.kling

hello, for some reason i cant get any 2013 or older autodesk products to work on my computer. it downloads, installs and all but it doesnt work it keeps showing the screen shot attached. my computer is an alienware m14x. i cant seem to figure out what the problem is

Message 984 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: sufiymomoh

Hello Sufiyanu!

Can you check out the suggestions listed in this forum thread and let us know if any of them resolve your issue?

Message 985 of 1,174
lefka15bmx
in reply to: gurufish

Whenever I enter the serial number and product key it presents me with this message: 

"The Serial Number or Product Key don't Match. 

Valid format for serial number is (XXX-XXXXXXXX)"  I'm from Russia, so there might be problems understanding each other-(language problems) 

Message 986 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: lefka15bmx

Welcome to the community lefka15bmx!

Would you mind sending me a Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with your serial number, product key + the name and version of the prodcut that you are installing?

Message 987 of 1,174
angieli5-c

Dear Mike,

I tried to download Maya 2011 from the student site and install it with the given serial number but it said that serial number is invalid. What can I do?

Thanks.

Message 988 of 1,174
camilo.lemos
in reply to: angieli5-c

Hi angielie5-c and welcome to our community!

Could you please send me the serial number you received from the Education Community via Private Message (click on my camilo.lemos profile name and then on Send This User a Private Message)?

Thank you!

Camilo Lemos

Message 989 of 1,174

Hi,

Im a computer animation student from Ringling College, and im trying to install Maya 2014 onto my home computer. The software has already expired after the 30 days limit, but was able to type in the proper password and serial number for me to get the licencsing. Though i just get a blank screen whenever i click on Activate. Is there a procedure for me to intall Maya 2014 properly given what was explained on here.

Thanks,

Chris Powell

Message 990 of 1,174
jf8227
in reply to: powellchris18

Hi. I've installed Maya 2014 on student license, successfully receieved my product key and serial code in "my software" and input them fine during the installation. However, when opening the software for the first time I recieve this error:

Screen Shot 2013-10-05 at 12.11.39.png

Nothing in the help or FAQ helps - they actually loop back to each other and create an infinite circle of helplessness. 

What can I do? Like everyone else in this thread, I need this for class.

Thanks.

Message 991 of 1,174
TEUSJUNIO
in reply to: ldannis

Message 992 of 1,174
camilo.lemos
Moved:

Hi dilish, As you post doesn't necessarily relate to serial number issues, I've created a new topic for it which will enable you to get faster replies from our members. Thanks!

Message 993 of 1,174
KevinDemorris
in reply to: jf8227

I too am having this exact problem. I fixed it a few months ago by just deleting the flexlm folder in /var/ but I've tried deleting everything related to maya several times.

I'm using the student version, have tried reinstalling and making sure to delete everything about 20 times now. I got past this screen once but I was only able to use a trial of Maya instead of having a regular activated Maya. I've tried everything suggested in these threads here and I still cannot get any version of Maya to work.

Some help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I'd like to mention I too am using Mac OS X

Message 994 of 1,174
DrBlasphemy1

Hi,

I can't license my student version of Mudbox 2009 with lifetime license on my new computer with Windows 8. When I use the Configuration Wizard after I enter my serial number it talks about needing a hardware indentifer. After it shows a list of hardware it can't use any of them I select. It then has me go online, which also doesn't help me. It talks about using a dongle. How do I get one of those?

Thanx!

Message 995 of 1,174

HI DrBlasphemy1,

Welcome to the forums!

The hardware ID is the MAC address of the network card from the computer running FlexLM. The MAC address is also commonly referred to as the Ethernet address. 

You can send me the product serial number and the MAC address in a private message (click on my patricia.cuizon profile name and then on Send This User a Private Message) so I can assist with activating your Mudbox 2009. 

Hope to hear from you soon.

Patricia Cuizon

Message 996 of 1,174

Good day/night.

Im a student with a couple of years usign Autodesk Software and a student license. Recently I could get the Building Design Suite and the Factory Design Suite installers with the idea of use my student license to activate them. It worked for several weeks but a week ago i got a verification license screen saying that my student license is not valid.

I though it could be that the student license cant be used to activate Suites but now i cant even open my Revit 2014 which was installed individualy.

Hope you can help.

Thanks

Tags (2)
Message 997 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: diego.santacruz

Hi Diego!

Confirming that free student licenses can not be used to activate our suites and am guessing that you were previously running them as a trial which has since expired? 

What happens when you attempt to open Revit? Does it prompt for activation? If so, have you tried doing so with your student license info found in the Education Community?

Message 998 of 1,174
s251905

Hi

I'm a student of Warsaw University of Technology and I have an active licence for product: AutoCAD Architecture 2012. Problem is I had to change Hard Disc in my computer and now that product can't be installed. Is it because software sees my comp as a different one and a student licence is only for one computer? I have a proof of HD change.

PS: Sorry, if it's not the place where I should ask such a question, but I'm quite desperate because I have no idea whare I should report this problem.

Message 999 of 1,174
camilo.lemos
in reply to: s251905

Hi s251905, this is 100% the correct place for your question:)

When exceptions occur - such as your change of HDs - we are able to manually activate the software for you on the new HD/computer.

Can you please send me via private message (click on my camilo.lemos profile name and then on Send This User a Private Message) your product serial number and the request code taken from the product installed on your new HD?

Thanks,

Camilo Lemos

Message 1000 of 1,174

Whenever I try to download any of Autocad's products I get following message above product key and serial number: Error assigning serial number to product: This is an operation implementation generated fault..

Then when I try to use that serial number, it says:The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again. (1)

I made another account but I get the same error message about assigning serial number to the product...is there any other solution to this problem? I know i can use trial versions, but I need to use products much longer, so I need to activate my licenses...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report