Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

1,173 REPLIES 1,173
SOLVED
Message 1 of 1,174
brian.kling
112001 Views, 1173 Replies

STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

You are having problems with:

• Getting a Serial Number or Product Key
  • Your 30 day trial is about to expire
  • Your 30 day trial has expired and you can't get a serial number
See the Solution in the Reply below!

Brian Kling
Sr International Customer Experience Lead
Autodesk, Inc.
1,173 REPLIES 1,173
Message 841 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: mcoyle38

@mcoyle38 wrote:

Hi, i am having serious problems when i download 3DSmax, i get the folowing message

"Error assigning serial number to product: This is an operation implementation generated fault"

I have also created a new account with a new email and i am still getting an error !

Hello Martin,

Can you please send me a Private Message (click on my @philip.s profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with the email address that you registered with and corresponding serial numbers so that I can troubleshoot accordingly.

Message 842 of 1,174

@stephan.reichinger wrote:

Hi,

I'm a student in the courses Interactive Media at Hochschule Augsburg and I'm using Autodesk Maya, I bought a new tower pc and tried to install Maya on my new Computer.

I also installed it on my notebook and my old Pc and now the system says that the max number of activations is reached. IsitpossibletogivemeanadditionalactivationkeysoicanusethesoftwareonmynewComputer.

Hello Stephan,

I wanted to point out that given student licenses should not actively be installed on more than one computer at a time. Per the Education Community Serial Number FAQ

You shall not install more than one copy of any release version of any Software product obtained on this site on more than one system at a time. For example, a faculty member has a desktop computer at home and a laptop computer she uses at work. That faculty member could not install a copy of AutoCAD 2013 on both the desktop and laptop systems simultaneously. She could, however, install AutoCAD 2012 on the desktop system and AutoCAD 2013 on the laptop system simultaneously.

With that being said, I would make sure you're compliant and contact our License Assistance Team with your serial number + request code to receive an activation code.

Message 843 of 1,174
mikepolaczuk
in reply to: brian.kling

I have been downloading Autodesk Maya 2012 32-Bit. It is now ready for registration and activation. The Serial Number I enter will not be accepted, "The Serial Number you selected is not valid. Try again(1)", comes up. I have followed steps to find my Serial Number and it shows I am entering my given Serial Number correctly. However, there is also a message written above my Serial Number and Product Key information which says, "Error assigning serial number to product. This is an implementation generated fault." What does this mean and what can be done about it? Can I activate Autodesk Maya 2012 32-Bit? Please help.

Message 844 of 1,174

Hi Michal,

Please send me a Private Message (click on my joane.bonghanoy profile name and then “Send this user a private message”) with your Serial Number so I can check and verify on my end. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 845 of 1,174
mattes77

Message 846 of 1,174

Cannot find an option to send Private Message.
Clicked on joane.bonghanoy, but no "Send this user a private message" option I can find.
Any advice here?
Message 847 of 1,174
s3434535

Hi, I go the message 

"We're sorry we cannot provide you with a serial number at this time.
Please proceed to download and install your software, and use it in "trial mode" for up to 30 days.
Return to this site before then to obtain your serial number from the free software link"

when I downloaded Maya, that was 30 days ago and now my trial mode is now up and I'm still getting the same message. How can I fix this? 

Thanks.

Message 848 of 1,174

Hi mikepolaczuk,

I sent you a Private Message, click on the small envelope beside your profile name at the upper right side of the page and reply to that with the information I need.

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 849 of 1,174

Hey,

I hope someone can finelly help me in this Forum. I tryed to get help from Autodesk several times.

I tryed to start my 3ds Max and suddenly it didnt start anymore. I did not install anything else. I just closed 3ds Max and opend it again and the error occured.

So when I try to open the Software, it tryes to start, but than the process to valid the licence is stopping and an window opens up with the information to contact the support. I got no Number for this error or any other adivce what it could be. I cant clothe the window I have to stop the starting process through the task manager.

To deinstall (even cleansing the regestri) and to download it and reinstall it again did not help.

I took a sceenshot of my Problem.

Hope someone can help me this time. I need to work on my projekt.

Thanks - Eileen

Message 850 of 1,174

oh some more information on my case.  I am using the studends version and the product key was valid

Message 851 of 1,174

Hello Eileen!

Can you please try the suggestion referenced here, and let us know if it resolves the issue. Specifically:

Delete the following from your OS.

On Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8:

C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet\adskflex_*.data

C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet\adskflex_*.data.backup 

On Windows XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet\adskflex_*.data

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet\adskflex_*.data.backup

As this will require a reactivation, please either send me a Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with your serial number + request code or contact our License Assistance Team if necessary.

Message 852 of 1,174
Jupiter5781

I have the student version of Autodesk Creative Suite Ultimate 2013. I am using a mac. I couldn't find a set up file for mac so I installed the programs from the Max OS folder. I was able to activate Maya, Sketchbook Designer, Composite, and Matchmover. However mudbox wont activate using the same key I used to activate the others. I get the error that the serial number I am using is not valid. I have 20 days left until mudbox expires. 

Message 853 of 1,174
mediaarts3000

Hello. I have been using an older beta version of Smoke (academic)  and want to put Smoke 2013 on a new computer. Do I need a new SN? Or so I just download Smoke academic 2013 to the new machine and use my old information to register it?

Message 854 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: Jupiter5781

@Jupiter5781 wrote:

I have the student version of Autodesk Creative Suite Ultimate 2013. I am using a mac. I couldn't find a set up file for mac so I installed the programs from the Max OS folder. I was able to activate Maya, Sketchbook Designer, Composite, and Matchmover. However mudbox wont activate using the same key I used to activate the others. I get the error that the serial number I am using is not valid. I have 20 days left until mudbox expires. 

Hi Christopher,

I'm looking into this issue and will get back to you shortly / please continue utilizing the software in it's trial mode for the time being.

Message 855 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: mediaarts3000

@mediaarts3000 wrote:

Hello. I have been using an older beta version of Smoke (academic)  and want to put Smoke 2013 on a new computer. Do I need a new SN? Or so I just download Smoke academic 2013 to the new machine and use my old information to register it? 

Hi Douglas!

In this case you would need to obtain a new / non beta Smoke 2013 license, which is available in the Education Community.

Message 856 of 1,174
SGHernandez1

I'm with CADsoft Consulting - a reseller partner of Autodesk.  I have a non-client student workign with the free student software who has had a lot of trouble getting AutoCAD and Revit to download onto her cpu.  She's tried contacting Microsoft and Autodesk only to be turned down.  I cannot help because we do not work with the free student downloads, only education software for purchase.  How can she get assistance with her product asap.  She's been tied up with this for about two weeks already? Please advise

Message 857 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: SGHernandez1

Hello Gabriela,

Do you have any additional issue details?

Hasthestudent / individualpostedontheforumsbychance? If so, do you have the thread URL? If not, I would strongly suggest that she does so.

Outside of community based (forum) support we do offer a Per-Incident offering that is open to anyone.

Message 858 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: Jupiter5781

@Jupiter5781 wrote:

Can you verify that the correct product key was used during the install?

I noticed that all of the other product installations had a blank product key prompt, however Mudbox was pre-populated with the Mudbox 2013 product key (498E1), which needs to be changed to the Entertainment Creation Suite Ultimate 2013 product key (793E1). Can you try uninstalling / reinstalling, making sure to enter 793E1?

Message 859 of 1,174
GebUdo

Ich habe die Seriennummer 369-74978356 und benötige den Anforderungscode.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Udo Gebhardt

Message 860 of 1,174
Jupiter5781
in reply to: philip.s

That worked!! Thank you so much for your help 😃

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report