Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

1,173 REPLIES 1,173
SOLVED
Message 1 of 1,174
brian.kling
112032 Views, 1173 Replies

STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

You are having problems with:

• Getting a Serial Number or Product Key
  • Your 30 day trial is about to expire
  • Your 30 day trial has expired and you can't get a serial number
See the Solution in the Reply below!

Brian Kling
Sr International Customer Experience Lead
Autodesk, Inc.
1,173 REPLIES 1,173
Message 821 of 1,174

Hi Chris,

I wasn't able to pull up an EDU account using the email address used in this post. Please send me a Private Message (click on my joane.bonghanoy profile name and then “Send this user a private message”) with the information below:

- Email Address used for EDU registration 

- User ID used for EDU registration 

- Name of School

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 822 of 1,174

I downloaded Autodesk Maya 2010 mac OSX and received "you have entered an invalid serial number". Could you please help me

Message 823 of 1,174

Hi jaimeleriz,

Please send me a Private Message (click on my joane.bonghanoy profile name and then “Send this user a private message”) with your Serial Number and Request Code

I will manually generate an Activation Code for you. Alternatively, for any Activation assistance you can contact our Registration and Activation team directly. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 824 of 1,174
crivera1
in reply to: joane.bonghanoy

Hello, I bought Autodesk Infrastructure Design Suite Ultimate 2013 from Studica and am a student.  I got it today and have tried installing and reinstalling to no avail.  I have the product code number, the serial number all of which I registered but my Windows 8 shows error in the installion when I try to run it.  The error messages run form no security manager confirmation, to no activation, to it needs an update to activate, which ultimately fails.  I am frustrated and at wits end as I cannot locate any help or get any clues as to what to do next.  The virtual assistant is no good, the chat method is unavailable, I have no twitter account and beating my head repeatedly brings no different result.  Can you be of any assistance?

Carlos R. Rivera

columbus state community college

columbus ohio

Message 825 of 1,174
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: crivera1

Hi crivera1,

Sorry for any trouble this has caused you. 

Do  send me a Private Message (click on my joane.bonghanoy profile name and then “Send this user a private message”) with your Serial Number and a screenshot of the error. I will look into it further once I receive your reply. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 826 of 1,174
crivera1

Many thanks for your response. I can provide a serial number, xxx-xxxxxxxx, a product key/code, 785E1, but cannot do a screen shot as I restored my computer to before I originally tried to install Autodesk Infrastructure Design Suite Ultimate 2013. I bought the student teacher version from Studica after trying the free Autodesk downloads.
It messed up my Adobe Master Collection 6 so am currently reinstalling that abd then will try to install, again
the Autodesk suite. I hope to do so within a few hours and see if it makes a difference. If not I can send the screen shots to you.

Thanks

Carlos

Message 827 of 1,174
camilo.lemos

Hi Carlos, 

I've edited your last message and removed you serial number as posting your serial number on a public forum can harm your ability to activate your software in the future and may lead to piracy.

We look forward to knowing if the program is running ok after the re-install or to receiving the screenshot if the issue persists (please, make sure you also blur out any sensitive information, like your serial number, from the screenshot before sending it to us.

Thank you,

Camilo Lemos

Message 828 of 1,174
philip.s

@crivera1 wrote:

the serial number all of which I registered but my Windows 8 shows error in the installion when I try to run it.  The error messages run form no security manager confirmation, to no activation, to it needs an update to activate, which ultimately fails. 

Hello Carlos,

Confirming that your Infrastructure Design Suite Ultimate 2013 license is not yet registered, which might explain some of the errors. To manually register the software, please go here.

I also wanted to point out that the Infrastructure Design Suite Ultimate 2013 is not Windows 8 compatible (2013 System Requirements for Suites) which again might explain some of your installation issues.

Message 829 of 1,174
crivera1
in reply to: philip.s

Hello, so I am not registered even if I provided the product code on the product, got a serial nr from Identit-e.co, and it is not Windows 8 capable.
What do I do now as Studica sells the software and I opened it to TRY to install it? 🙂

Carlos
Message 830 of 1,174
crivera1
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Hello

Another one of your companies assistance tells me it will not work in Windows *. Is that true for 2013 suites this late in the game? Appreciate the scrubbing of the serial nr.

Carlos
Message 831 of 1,174
camilo.lemos
in reply to: brian.kling
Moved:

jean28, Your message has been moved to the Portuguese forums where it will receive more visibility.

Message 832 of 1,174
philip.s

Hi Carlos,

At this point I would contact Studica and request a refund as you've yet to activate the software.

We just started rolling out our 2014 releases and although the 2014 Infrastructure Design Suite isn't out yet, the system requirements specify that it will be compatible with Windows 8.

Message 833 of 1,174
mlberlin

When i Download any Software, i get the folowing message

"Error assigning serial number to product: This is an operation implementation generated fault"

When i install the Software, i hafe only the 30day Trial Version and i don´t can activate the Software with my Serial Number.

Please help

Message 834 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: mlberlin

Hello Micha,

That issue typically corresponds to an issue with your individual account where the only workaround is to create a new Education Community account using a different email address and obtain a new serial number.

Message 835 of 1,174
marco.testini
in reply to: philip.s

i have create another account... now it works!

but if i would to delete this account, how can I do?

Message 836 of 1,174

Hi Marco,

If you want to delete one of your Education Community account, your best option is to contact the Education Community Support Team via the problem form on the portal:

http://students.autodesk.com/?nd=problem_form

Regards,

Simona Golisciano
Message 837 of 1,174
mfrearson
in reply to: armandmeyer

I had the same problem what do i do?
Message 838 of 1,174
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: mfrearson

Hi mfrearson,

For the Serial Number issue you mentioned, did you create a new account? Do try to creating another account using a different email address and download a Product to generate a new Serial Number.

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 839 of 1,174
mcoyle38

Hi, i am having serious problems when i download 3DSmax, i get the folowing message

"Error assigning serial number to product: This is an operation implementation generated fault"

I have also created a new account with a new email and i am still getting an error !

I am a student and cannot activate my 3dsmax, i have sent several emails and nothing has worked, i am getting very frustrated with this whole support process.

Please help !!

Message 840 of 1,174

Hi,

I'm a student in the coures Interactive Media at Hochschule Augsburg and I'm using Autodesk Maya, I bought a new tower pc and tried to install Maya on my new Computer.

I also istalled it on my notebook and my old Pc and now the system says that the max number of activations is reached.

Is it possible to give me an additional activation key so i can use the software on my new Computer.

Thanks a lot

Greetings Stephan Reichinger

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report