Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

1,173 REPLIES 1,173
SOLVED
Message 1 of 1,174
brian.kling
112103 Views, 1173 Replies

STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

You are having problems with:

• Getting a Serial Number or Product Key
  • Your 30 day trial is about to expire
  • Your 30 day trial has expired and you can't get a serial number
See the Solution in the Reply below!

Brian Kling
Sr International Customer Experience Lead
Autodesk, Inc.
1,173 REPLIES 1,173
Message 781 of 1,174
in reply to: kleite

I got the same thing.

Message 782 of 1,174
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: kleite

Hi Kathryn,

After further troubleshooting on your account, I found out that even with other Products, you have the same error when downloading.  Education Community Site is set up to generate unique Serial Numbers per account or profile, so we never run out of it.

While looking into this error and finding the resolution, I suggest you create another account using a different email address. Do let us know if you still have the same error. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 783 of 1,174
mer320
in reply to: joane.bonghanoy

Hi,

I'm getting this message when downloading Maya 2012:

We're sorry we cannot provide you with a serial number at this time.
Please proceed to download and install your software, and use it in "trial mode" for up to 30 days.
Return to this site before then to obtain your serial number from the free software link

What do I need to do?

Thanks,

Milton

Message 784 of 1,174
camilo.lemos
in reply to: mer320

Hi Milton, 

As Joane suggested above, the best thing to do is to create a new account using a different e-mail address as this may have been a failure in the system to associate a serial number with your account.

Best regards,

Camilo Lemos

Message 785 of 1,174
armandmeyer
in reply to: brian.kling

I need to activate my revit Architecture 2013 URGENTLY! I downloaded the Autodesk revit 2013 serial and product key, seeing that Revit 2013 Arch is not available yet or something. When i enter the serial and product key, it says that the product key (829E1) is not correct. When i changed that to a product key of the Revit Arch /suite 2013 (241E1 or 240E1), the product key works, but the serial no longer is correct. PLEASE help! I have contacted autodesk and they just say that i must request a new serial? How do you do that??? PLEASE!! 

Message 786 of 1,174
camilo.lemos
in reply to: armandmeyer

Hi armandmeyer and welcome to the forums.

I've just sent you a private message with all the relevant information. Please, click on the envelope by your screenname at the top of the page.

Best regards,

Camilo Lemos

Message 787 of 1,174
armandmeyer

Hi!

Can anyone please tell me where to get the serial and product key for the Autodesk Revit Architecture 2013 program? Its not underneath the free software tab - only version 2012! PLEASE I need to activate my Autodesk Revit Architecture 2013 URGENTLY!!

Message 788 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: 9858296

Hello Armand!

The 2013 Revit verticals including Revit Architecture are not available in the Education Community as they were replaced by Revit.

Please feel free to let us know if you have any additional questions, concerns, or issues!

Message 789 of 1,174
kleite
in reply to: joane.bonghanoy

Thank you Joane I got an email from you guys with the information I needed, great!

Message 790 of 1,174
cdreyer

I have downloaded the 32bit version and the 64bit version of ACAD Architecture 2013 . I have a student License

900-xxx.

Am I allowed to run them both at the same time on two different computers? In the Licence it says I may not run the same Product version on two Computers. I may run two different versions though. Are the 32bit and the 64bit two different versions according to licensing?

Message 791 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: cdreyer

Welcome to the forums Christoph!

The short answer to your question is that no, the 32 and 64BIT software does not count as different versions.

Per the Education Community Serial Number FAQHow many computers am I allowed to install a product on?

With respect to Software downloaded by students, faculty members, competitors or team mentors from this Site, in addition to the terms and conditions, and restrictions set forth in the applicable License Agreement, the following additional restriction shall apply. You shall not install more than one copy of any release version of any Software product obtained on this site on more than one system at a time.

For example, a faculty member has a desktop computer at home and a laptop computer she uses at work. That faculty member could not install a copy of AutoCAD 2013 on both the desktop and laptop systems simultaneously. She could, however, install AutoCAD 2012 on the desktop system and AutoCAD 2013 on the laptop system simultaneously.

Message 792 of 1,174

Your online activation request has returned an error (400) which is not allowing your request to be processed using our automated systems.

Mine is student id .

Message 793 of 1,174

I have a wierd problem. A couple months ago, I installed the student Mudbox on my computer and registered it. Just a week ago I got a new harddrive and needed to transfer my product, but I was stupid and just copied it to the new drive whcih doesn't work. I later just had to reinstall on my new HDD, but when I went to register this one, it said that I had gone over my alloted registrations (Error: 10). I fully deleted the copy off of my previous HDD, but this problem persists. It's like the ghost of the previous Mudbox is still in my computer, and is being recognized as a full registered copy. Is there any way I can deactivate a copy, or can I get a different activation key? Or am I completely out of luck? 

Thanks.

Message 794 of 1,174

Hi AFutureVideoGameEngineer,

I can assist you in manually generating the Activation Code by sending me a Private Message (click on my joane.bonghanoy profile name and then “Send this user a private message”) with your Serial Number and Request Code.  

For future reference, you can contact our Registration and Activation directly for any activation assistance needed.

Lastly, prior to re-downloading and re-installing the software to the machine, you can do a clean uninstall

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 795 of 1,174

Hi decembergirl023, 

Please send me a Private Message (click on my joane.bonghanoy profile name and then “Send this user a private message”) with your Serial Number and Request Code.  

For future reference, you can contact our Registration and Activation directly for any activation assistance needed.

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 796 of 1,174
hmonwalls

Hi, does anyone know if I change my computer I have to get a new product key, or do I just use the old one?

Message 797 of 1,174
camilo.lemos
in reply to: hmonwalls

Hi hmonwalls, 

You will not need to get a new product key and serial number if you wish to use the same product on a different computer. However, depending on the number of times you have activated your product, you may get a message saying that you have exceeded the activation limit. If this happens, please contact us again on this thread.

Best regards,

Camilo Lemos

Message 798 of 1,174
pwnsaur

Hi, I've been having problems activating T-Splines for Rhino. It keeps giving this error message whenever I try activate it. No product key was given, and I tried entering the first ####-####-####-#### as someone suggested on the T-Splines help site, but it keeps giving the same error. Right now I'm on the 25 save trial, but its essential that I can get it running for a project. Thanks.

---------------------------
Rhinoceros 5.0 T-Splines License Diagnostics
T-Splines License Diagnostics:

Autodesk T-Splines Plug-in for Rhino unable to activate license. (Code: -134)
Bad return data from webserver (no status) (-134)
OK

Message 799 of 1,174
MasterMarik

I'm using May 2013 software and am having issues with the serial number, the product key and the request code all don't work. It tells me the serial number is invalid if I try to register.

Message 800 of 1,174
a1n4s8

I am a student user. How can I reset the serial number? I have to installing AutoCAD other PC many days but it uninstalled when I set off PC. So actually I use that program by myself. I want to reset the installing. How can I do??

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report