Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

1,173 REPLIES 1,173
SOLVED
Message 1 of 1,174
brian.kling
111951 Views, 1173 Replies

STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

You are having problems with:

• Getting a Serial Number or Product Key
  • Your 30 day trial is about to expire
  • Your 30 day trial has expired and you can't get a serial number
See the Solution in the Reply below!

Brian Kling
Sr International Customer Experience Lead
Autodesk, Inc.
1,173 REPLIES 1,173
Message 741 of 1,174
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: Whisher70

Hi Whisher70,

Please send the information below via a Private Message (click on my joane.bonghanoy profile name and then “Send this user a private message”) :

- Screenshot of the error

- Serial Number

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 742 of 1,174

Thanks for your reply, everything goes well now! Thank you very much!

Message 743 of 1,174

Hi, 

I'm getting the "Error assigning serial number to product: This is an operation implementation generated fault" message when I try to download 3ds Max

Message 744 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: danielreilly275

Hello Daniel,

This is most likely due to a backend account issue where unfortunately the only workaround is to create a new account with a different email address. Can you please do so and let us know if you continue to experience further problems.

Message 745 of 1,174

I've just re-registered there and it's still giving the same error. Any ideas?

Message 746 of 1,174

Hi danielreilly275,

I will look into this and will get back to you for any updates or resolution. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 747 of 1,174

Hi everyone,

I tried to activate my student version without much success. I had consecutively the serial key invalid message at the beginning, then now it's changed to the processing error message.

At the 1st issue, I used your ticketing system and sent it on the 11th Feb (Caseno:08065906). Despite it was mentioned that I should receive a reply within 2 biz days, I never got one... I sent a reminder with no more luck 😞

At the 2nd issue, I have read the forum thoroughly and found that I should send a pm to one of you guys (community manager or customer service) which I did few days ago. I still did not receive anything.

I have no idea if someone has seen and is processing my request since I did not receive any aknowledgement. I don't mind it to take 20 days but just to know that somebody will really look at it would be fine for me.

Can somebody help pls ?

Message 748 of 1,174

Hi Christophe,

Pardon us for the delay and for the trouble this has caused you. 

We need to make some changes to your account. Do reply back via Private Message with your Physical Address.

Once we receive the information, we will then make the changes and proceed with the Activation. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 749 of 1,174
kevin.khao
in reply to: cgill59

Hi, 

I've been trying to install Maya2013 on linux-x64 and the process goes will untill registration.

An error3 occurs and I'm unable to proceed. 

Could you please inform me of the procedure to follow ? 

Thank you in advance, 

Message 750 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: kevin.khao

Hello Kevin,

Unfortunately at this time the Autodesk Education Community does not support Linux, which would explain the error.

Very best,

Message 751 of 1,174
cgill59
in reply to: philip.s

The problem with linux appears to me to be that the activation program wont generate the machine specific request code. Linux is however supported for commercial licenses. (How else could anyone possibly install it on linux) Therefore if i input a valid commercial serial number a code should be generated. Does this mean the activation program is discriminating against student serials or is it a more serious issue. (i don't have a commercial key to test this with)

And why isn't linux a supported os for the education community. Isn't this about students not being able to afford a commercial license. What makes you think they can afford a windows or mac operating system?

Just my thoughts on the situation,

Colin

Message 752 of 1,174
robeard
in reply to: brian.kling

Hi

Im getting the same problem as Daniel: 

"I'm getting the "Error assigning serial number to product: This is an operation implementation generated fault" message when I try to download 3ds Max"

Just wondering is there a fix?

Rob

Message 753 of 1,174
philip.s

Hi Colin,

Confirming that a few of our products are compatible with Linux, specifically with commercial licenses, however the software is delivered / downloaded differently for Linux products (.tgz vs .exe or .dmg). With that being said, you would need a combination of a valid commercial license + the appropriate installer in order to successfully install and activate a supported title on a Linux OS.

I know that's not what you wanted to hear and I will definitely make sure to pass your feedback onto the appropriate parties.

Message 754 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: robeard

Hi Robert,

Can you please specify what product you're trying to download? The typical workaround on this one is to simply create a new account using a different email address, however this always doesn't resolve the issue and additional tweaks are needed on our end.

Message 755 of 1,174
robeard

Hi

Im trying to get 3d max working at the min. I'll also will need sketchbook and mudbox. I've tried to create a new account but am now getting "errors were found during registration. please try again".

Message 756 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: robeard

Hi Robert,

Is the system highlighting a specific issue or error with your registration? Another workaround would be to register in the Autodesk Students Facebook page.

Message 757 of 1,174

I'm still getting the same error ilike robeard, despite registering twice. Any other solution that I can try?

Message 758 of 1,174
robeard
in reply to: philip.s

Registered through facebook and have it working now. Thanks

Message 759 of 1,174

Managed to get it working using Facebook

Message 760 of 1,174
dav_treg
in reply to: brian.kling

Hi,

I just download autocad 2012 for mac but the serial number and the key product don't match.

Somebody can help me about this issue?

Thanks for your heps,

Regards,

Dung

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report