Installation & Licensing

Installation & Licensing

paul
Message 721 of 1,174 (393 Views)

Clarification - Student/Tutor

02-04-2013 06:48 AM in reply to: philip.s

I have read the double Dutch T&C etc. BUT I'm still confused as to the length of time that a TUTOR can use/retain a copy of Inventor.

Is it 3 years or is it perpetual, if it is perpetual what happens if I have to reinstall, as I usually have to at the end of every Scholastic year?

Customer Service
simona.golisciano
Message 722 of 1,174 (387 Views)

Re: Clarification - Student/Tutor

02-04-2013 08:08 AM in reply to: paul

Hello Paul,

Welcome to our forums.

The duration of an Education Community license for Faculty members/Tutors is the same as for Students, i.e. 3 years. If during these 3 years you need to re-install the software due to a change of hardware or technical issues, you should be able to do so. In such cases, you would need to go through the activation process again. Our Registration & Activation team would assist you with that.

Regards.

Simona Golisciano
Irfanautocadd
Message 723 of 1,174 (363 Views)

Re: STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

02-05-2013 01:42 AM in reply to: alberto.manrique85

serial number of revit 2012

Community Manager
camilo.lemos
Message 724 of 1,174 (360 Views)

02-05-2013 01:55 AM in reply to: Irfanautocadd

Hi lrfanautocadd,

Could you give us more details on the issue you are having? Are you getting error messages?

Thank you.

Camilo Lemos
Ben_10
Message 725 of 1,174 (354 Views)

02-05-2013 04:40 PM in reply to: brian.kling

I'm having a very diffulcult time with the licensing.  Here's whats happening- loaded onto one MAC laptop,

Maya loaded but Mudbox will not see the  license.  Ug.. Then I thought I'd load into my desktop iMac to see if there was an issue I missed-nope same deal.  Maya loaded, but Mudbox nadda. 

There's absolutely very little documentation on the licensing of the product, I have the entertainment Autodesk suite education edition- so was under the impression that it could be loaded onto more than one computer as long as Maya only runs on one.  Anyway support tells me that only one license one computer.  No problem..

Successfully transferred the license up the Autodesk acc't.  However can't transfer the license from the iMac as the splash screen says only one license can be transferred.  I also tried multiple times with the license to activate Mudbox which did nothing.

I want to simply move the software to a PC and let that be it.  Unfortunatley I can't get the license off the iMac.

A couple of questions:

1) Why did the licensing allow me to install the software on two macs??

2) How do I get the license off the final imac?

3) How can get the license on the PC?

My attempts at removing the license are met with 'unable to transfer license" error message. 

So me thinks somthing needs to be reset on the Autodesk side.

Help appreciated.

Monica

Customer Service
joane.bonghanoy
Message 726 of 1,174 (334 Views)

02-06-2013 12:47 AM in reply to: Ben_10

Hi Monica,

I removed the attachment containing your Serial Number for Security reasons.

With regard to your questions, note that you can always install an Autodesk Product on a number of PC's, however once you reach the Activation page and you input your Serial Number, that's when the system can check and determine if the License can still be used and activated. 

In your case, the system was able to determine that your License has been imported and exported a couple of times, more than the allowable number of times. Thus, the error as attached on your post.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but what you want to happen here as an end result is to install and activate your License to a new PC, correct? If so, I can manually generate the Activation Code for you once you reply back with your Request Code. Please send it via Private Message (click on my joane.bonghanoy profile name and then “Send this user a private message”).

Joane Bonghanoy
mr.t_box
Message 727 of 1,174 (320 Views)

02-07-2013 02:01 AM in reply to: brian.kling

Hi im having a problem with the actual activation of maya 2013.
The whole thing downloaded just fine, i have ther seriaals and product key however when i click activate the window pops up blank with just two buttons and no writting. I have tried everything on here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=6404339&linkID=9240617

also ive tried this method but with no result

http://therevitkid.blogspot.com.au/2012/07/autodesk-activation-problem-solved.html

please someone help!

Community Manager
camilo.lemos
Message 728 of 1,174 (317 Views)

02-07-2013 02:23 AM in reply to: mr.t_box

Hi mr.t_box and welcome to the forums:smileyhappy:

What OS are you getting this issue on? If you're using Windows 8, you may need to manually register the DLLs again after completing all the steps in this solution (i.e repeat step 3).

Let me know if that works for you, please.

Regards,

Camilo Lemos
mr.t_box
Message 729 of 1,174 (313 Views)

02-07-2013 03:04 AM in reply to: camilo.lemos

Hi Camilo,

Im using a PC windows 7

I downloaded maya 2012 last year and had no problems.

For this problem I have tried:
Uninstalling then reinstalling the program
Everything on here (as recomended)
- http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=6404339&linkID=9240617
The solution on this site as well
http://therevitkid.blogspot.com.au/2012/07/autodesk-activation-problem-solved.html

All have not worked.

Thanks for the quick reply too

agata_wrzesinska
Message 730 of 1,174 (291 Views)

02-09-2013 04:46 AM in reply to: mr.t_box

I have just the same problem with activating my Revit and other programs I installed in last few months. I tried the solutions mentioned above and still cannot activate the program. While I was searching the web for other solutions I realised, that this problem is very common, so I would be extremely grateful for any advise.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.