Installation & Licensing

Installation & Licensing

rsreichert
Message 1 of 5 (757 Views)

STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

757 Views, 4 Replies
01-25-2013 08:56 AM

I had a student's license for AutoCAD 2011 PC and was running it on BootCamp on my MacBook Pro, when the license suddenly expired prematurely ( was suposed to go to 2014). Autodesk Customer Support gave me many new activation codes to try to reactive, but all were unsuccessful.

I was told by Autodesk that I could download the student MAC version for free, so I removed the PC partition and downloaded AutoCAD 2012 for Mac. During the installation process, I get up to the Install window but when I copy/paste the Serial and Product key #'s emailed to me by Autodesk I get the following message " "The Serial Number or Product Key don't Match". and can't move on.  What can I do?

*Expert Elite*
DarrenP
Message 2 of 5 (753 Views)

Re: STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

01-25-2013 09:20 AM in reply to: rsreichert

get the serial number and product key for the mac version of autocad

Community Manager
philip.s
Message 3 of 5 (740 Views)

01-25-2013 09:45 AM in reply to: DarrenP

Hello Renee!

This may be caused by a known issue with the 900- student serial number and the AutoCAD for Mac 2012 software which was resolved in the most current software build.

Can you please install the software in trial mode and then proceed with the standard activation process when opening the program / given the open to activate or continue using the trial and let us know if it gets around the invalid serial number issue?

Philip Schmelzer
rsreichert
Message 4 of 5 (739 Views)

01-25-2013 09:45 AM in reply to: DarrenP
Are you from Autodesk? I received the serial # and product key for the mac version of autocad from Autodesk via email. It just doesn't work. When I enter the #'s into the Install window I get the "they don't match" message. I can't reach anyone at autodesk.
Community Manager
philip.s
Message 5 of 5 (729 Views)

01-25-2013 10:00 AM in reply to: rsreichert

I sure am :smileyhappy:

Did you try to install as a trial and activate after the fact as I mentioned above?

Philip Schmelzer
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.