Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
rsreichert
1201 Views, 6 Replies

STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

I had a student's license for AutoCAD 2011 PC and was running it on BootCamp on my MacBook Pro, when the license suddenly expired prematurely ( was suposed to go to 2014). Autodesk Customer Support gave me many new activation codes to try to reactive, but all were unsuccessful.

I was told by Autodesk that I could download the student MAC version for free, so I removed the PC partition and downloaded AutoCAD 2012 for Mac. During the installation process, I get up to the Install window but when I copy/paste the Serial and Product key #'s emailed to me by Autodesk I get the following message " "The Serial Number or Product Key don't Match". and can't move on.  What can I do?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
DarrenP
in reply to: rsreichert

get the serial number and product key for the mac version of autocad

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
philip.s
in reply to: DarrenP

Hello Renee!

This may be caused by a known issue with the 900- student serial number and the AutoCAD for Mac 2012 software which was resolved in the most current software build.

Can you please install the software in trial mode and then proceed with the standard activation process when opening the program / given the open to activate or continue using the trial and let us know if it gets around the invalid serial number issue?

Message 4 of 7
rsreichert
in reply to: DarrenP

Are you from Autodesk? I received the serial # and product key for the mac version of autocad from Autodesk via email. It just doesn't work. When I enter the #'s into the Install window I get the "they don't match" message. I can't reach anyone at autodesk.
Message 5 of 7
philip.s
in reply to: rsreichert

I sure am 🙂

Did you try to install as a trial and activate after the fact as I mentioned above?

Message 6 of 7
navodela
in reply to: philip.s

Today i have already installed Autocad 2012 for mac, but I am not able to find the serial number and the product key, Can you please help with this? 

In the moorning I downdloaded Autocad 2014 and you sent me to my e-mail a activacion numer, but for the 2012 autocad i did not recieve nothing

Message 7 of 7
ukdxb012
in reply to: navodela

Please raise this to the education team via the following form... http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?id=16039214&siteID=123112

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report