Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

1,173 REPLIES 1,173
SOLVED
Message 1 of 1,174
brian.kling
111975 Views, 1173 Replies

STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

You are having problems with:

• Getting a Serial Number or Product Key
  • Your 30 day trial is about to expire
  • Your 30 day trial has expired and you can't get a serial number
See the Solution in the Reply below!

Brian Kling
Sr International Customer Experience Lead
Autodesk, Inc.
1,173 REPLIES 1,173
Message 681 of 1,174

Hello!

I'm trying to install on Mac OS X 10.8.2 but when typing the product key and license number the application says that the format is not correct. It should be like xxx-xxxxxxxx but my license number is exactly like that.

Please help!

Best Regards

Anders

Message 682 of 1,174

Hello Steven and Anders,

Can you both please install the software in trial mode, and then proceed with the standard activation process at first launch which should resolve the invalid serial number error.

Message 683 of 1,174
cjauregui8937
in reply to: brian.kling

What do you do if when you select your free software, language, OS, and press next, it says "error in assigning serial number to product, this is an operation implementation error?" It gave me a serial number, but it won't work for activating the product after i downloaded it. I activated my license in spring 2011...

Message 684 of 1,174

Hi cjauregui8937,

We have had some activation issues with our Student Licenses but it has been resolved, however for this particular encountered we would need to look further into.

Do reply back with the following information:

- Error message when activating the License

- Screenshot of the error

- Product Name

Also, I'm making an assumption that you were trying to download a 2011 version from the EDU site when you encountered the error you mentioned. Is that correct? 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 685 of 1,174
s1110628002

hi,

i too have a problem with my serial number, i get the error:

The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again. (1)

Message 686 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: s1110628002

Hello Isabella and welcome to the community! 

Can you please send me a Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with the serial number and product name that you are getting this error with.

Message 687 of 1,174
tlegras

Hello,

I succeed to have a serial numner and a product key. The set up ran well with no trouble. Then when I open Revit 2013, the validation windows don't pop well (cf file 1). I do Alt+F4 then the windows for the choice between the trial or the validation appears (cf file 2). I choose activate and then again a windows pops up but doesn't succeed to show the information properly (cf file 3). 

I test does pages (which are just html) with google chrome and it shows all the information if I authorize the script to run on the page. So it seems to me that when Revit is starting, it doesn't succeed to run the script. (I put the information ask when I used google but it doesn't work either)

I try to do it without antivirus but it doesn't change anything. I try to set up again Revit  but again not working

Could you help me ?

PS : I am using W7 64bits with 8Go of RAM and a Intel Core i7 

Message 688 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: tlegras

Hi Thibault,

The blank activation screen (displaying two radio buttons) is actually a known issue with several potential workarounds. Check them out here on our AutodeskHelp Pinterest board.

Message 689 of 1,174
andrea.behme
in reply to: s1110628002

I have the same problem. It shows me the error: The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again.

And in "My software" the AutoCAD 2013, I have downloaded, is not listed.

But in the program and autodesk said it is the right serial number.

I hope somebody can help me.

Message 690 of 1,174

Hello Every one. I have a Problem with the support.

I write at the 13th of december to:

rtxml-emea@activation.autodesk.com

the atumatic generated e-mail (Autodesk ctivation custumer confirm), that my serial number couldn't be activated. I couldn't found any other e-mail adress or support. I am not sure if my e-mail reach the company.

Could anyone help?

Thank you very much.

Message 691 of 1,174
tlegras
in reply to: perandersholmberg

It is not working

solution 1: I can unsintall IE9 but I can't install IE8 on W7. Thank you Microsoft.
solution 2: I turn off all the security settings as explained -> Not working.

Soltuion 3: I didn't succeed to do "At the command prompt, enter regsvr32 jscript.dll" -> error message.

solution 4: I correct manually all the html files starting with RT and check that they are opening and using the script without asking me.

solution 5 : I don't want to edit my registery myself.

What can I do ?

Message 692 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: andrea.behme

Hello Andrea,

I'd like to apologize for the inconvenience. This issue seems to be pretty sporadic and isolated to a few accounts.

With that being said, please either send me a Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with your serial number + request code and I'll generate a corresponding activation code, or create a new Education Community profile using a different email address and proceed with the standard license request process (Download Center -> Product -> Version -> Language -> OS).

Message 693 of 1,174

Hi Carolin,

That email address is no longer in use. For activation issues, please contact our License Assitance team.

As you've already in posted the forums (we like to discourage these without invitations), you can also send me a Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with the relevant info (serial number, issue details, etc.).

Message 694 of 1,174

Thank you very much for your help Philip 🙂

I have answered with the contact formular.

The e-Mail I used is still linked in 3DS max 2013 activation window.

Smiley Wink

Message 695 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: tlegras

HI Thibault,

As IE 8 is native to your Windows 7 OS, you can remove IE9 and install IE8 via the following steps.

1. Close all programs.
2. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
3. Click Uninstall a Program under the Programs category
4. In the Tasks pane, click View installed updates.
5. In the list of installed updates, double-click Windows Internet Explorer 9.

Once Internet Explorer 9 has been uninstalled from your system, the computer will require a reboot. After rebooting, your computer should now revert back to Internet Explorer 8. To disable IE8 or IE9 in Windows 7, go to Control Panel -> Programs. Click on the “Turn on Windows Features on or off” link. Uncheck Internet Explorer 9 (or Internet Explorer 8). The system will then act as if Internet Explorer is no longer installed. You can re-enable it via a simple checkbox.

Message 696 of 1,174
cmlmonster555

I have a serial number and product key, but the Autodesk Inventor software is no where to be found on my laptop.  I have the free student version.  I urgently need this for a project on Monday!  I was never asked about installing it, but I received the SN xxx-xxxxxxxx and the Product Key of 797D1.  Help!!

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Message 697 of 1,174
neumejd

We are still using Inventor 2011 at my high school and would like to have my student’s download the 2011 version. However, when the students go to the Education Community and create their account using their school provided emails they and go through the process of selecting the product that they want they do not get a button to start the download process. I thought they might be doing something incorrectly so I, as their teacher, tried downloading the 2011-2013 versions of Inventor and got the same issue. Is there a way that they can download 2011 to keep the confusion of back saving files from a 2013 format to a 2011 format, this does not seem like a big issue to an experienced Autodesk operator but keep in mind these are high school freshmen.

Message 698 of 1,174
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: neumejd

Hi neumejd,

Currently we do have an issue with the download button in the Education Community site. We are now looking into it and will keep everyone posted once resolved. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 699 of 1,174
neumejd
in reply to: joane.bonghanoy

Joane,

Thanks for the quick responce i will pass this along to me high school studetns.

Message 700 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: neumejd

Please note that the Education Community download issue has been resolved! We apologize for any inconveniences this problem may have caused and please feel free to let us know if you have any additional questions, concerns, or issues.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report