Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

1,173 REPLIES 1,173
SOLVED
Message 1 of 1,174
brian.kling
111920 Views, 1173 Replies

STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

You are having problems with:

• Getting a Serial Number or Product Key
  • Your 30 day trial is about to expire
  • Your 30 day trial has expired and you can't get a serial number
See the Solution in the Reply below!

Brian Kling
Sr International Customer Experience Lead
Autodesk, Inc.
1,173 REPLIES 1,173
Message 621 of 1,174
mblhi09
in reply to: mblhi09

Hello philip.s.

The serial number begins with 900, I don't know what ocurred, but that's already done.

I send an e-mail to support, and they solved it and I'm right now with the registration OK.

Thanks for help!

Message 622 of 1,174

Hi,

I've downloaded the free student version 2012 for Mac.

When I enter the serial number and product key I see this message:

"The Serial Number or Product Key don't Match. 

Valid format for serial number is (XXX-XXXXXXXX)"

I tried to copy and to paste the two numbers in the dialogue boxes and I've got, again,  the same message.

What can I do to complete properly the installation process?

Thank you for your attention

kind regards

Message 623 of 1,174

Hi valeria.volonterio,

Sorry to hear you are having problems activating your AutoCAD for Mac. Please, follow these steps and let me know if they resolve your issue:

1) choosing to install the software in trial mode 

2) when launching the program in trial mode (once installed) you will be faced with run / continue in “trial mode” or “activate” - select the activation option 

3) follow the process (enter Serial Number and Product Key) to circumvent the previous issue and allow for a proper activation

Thank you!

Camilo Lemos

Message 624 of 1,174

Great, it works!

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards, Valeria

Message 625 of 1,174
eaglemk
in reply to: brian.kling

Hi,

I have a problem with getting a serial number and product key for any of the Autodesk products. I need especially AutoCad 2010.
When I get through Free Softwere -> choosing the program -> version -> language -> operating system and click "next" I always get this frustrating message:

"We're sorry we cannot provide you with a serial number at this time.<br> Please proceed to download and install your software, and use it in &quot;trial mode&quot; for up to 30 days.<br> Return to this site before then to obtain your serial number from the free software link."

I can still download the program by clicking the button "browser download" but of course I can't use it afterwards without registration.
I'm using firefox browser on Windows 7 (64 bit) (it also doesn't work on Chrome and IE). I'm from Gdańsk Uniwersity of Technology in Poland. 3 years ago I didn't have this problem and my account worked well.
Just to be sure I checked if my friend had the same issue but fortunately for him - everything went smoothly and he got himself a new serial number.

regards,

Kamil

Message 626 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: eaglemk

Hello Kamil,

I'm not sure what would have been causing the previous glitch as our new 900- serial number delivery system ensures that we'll never run out within the Education Community.

With that being said, I just logged into your account and requested an AutoCAD 2010 license / verified that the system is in fact working. You should be receiving the license information via email shortly if you haven't already.

Please feel free to let us know if you have any additional questions, comments, or concerns.

Message 627 of 1,174
eaglemk

I didn't recieve the e-mail but now everything seems to work fine. BIG thanks for your help!! 🙂

Message 628 of 1,174
mbiocic

Hi, 

I have trouble getting a serial number for Autodesk products. I need AutoCad Civil 3D 2012 (Windows 7 (64 bit))I can still download the program by clicking the button "browser download" but afterwards I can only use trial version.

When I get through Free Softwere procedure I always get this message on top:

Error assigning serial number to product: ~HASH(0x21d4b610)->{'Body'}->{'Fault'}->{'faultstring'}

Your serial number details:

Serial Number: 900-xxxxxxxx
Product Key: xxxxx

And when I tried to activate product with that serial number it always pops out that serial number is invalid.

I tried it on Chrome and IE.

I'm student of University of Zagreb - Faculty of Geodesy, 5-th year.

Best regards,

Marina

Message 629 of 1,174
camilo.lemos
in reply to: mbiocic

Hi Marina,

Could you please send me your serial number and product key via Private Message? (click on my screenname camilo.lemos and then on Send Private Message).

Thank you!

Camilo Lemos

Message 630 of 1,174
yaqub007

hello i dont know my serial number and product key please help me.

Message 631 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: yaqub007

Hello Yaqub,

Have you registered within the Education Community and requested a license? I was unable to find a profile for you based off of your name and email address.

How to Register in the Education Community

How to Download / Request a License in the Education Community

Message 632 of 1,174
plglaserna
in reply to: kendis_bood

I'm having the same problem with my software. I'm from the Philippines, I received the serial number but when I try to activate the product it says that it can't be registered in my country. What is up with that? I've submitted two forms but yet to receive a reply. Any luck with your problems?

Message 633 of 1,174
plglaserna

I recently received the usb for AutoCAD Design Suite Ultimate 2013. I received the serial number and product key but when I tried to activate my product, it says that it can't be registered in my country. I'm from Iloilo City, Philippines. A student studying at University of San Agustin, Iloilo. I've already filled up the forms twice and yet to receive a reply. Please help.

Message 634 of 1,174

Hi plglaserna,

Please send me a Private Message (click on my joane.bonghanoy profile name and then “Send this user a private message”) with your Serial Number so I can look into it. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 635 of 1,174
KennyMc2012

Hi,

I'm having some trouble getting my Inventor Professional 2013 student licence activated, and was wondering if someone could kindly advise?

I downloaded the product, and it works fine, but when I try to activate it, it tells me my serial number is invalid. When I contacted Autodesk, I was told that my serial number doesn't include this product, and was advised to uninstall then download it again (which i've done a few times to no avail).

When I log into the Autodesk Education Community and look under "my software", the program is definitely listed under my usual serial number. I am able to use it temporarily as a trial, so i'm a bit confused why there doesn't seem to be a record of it on my number. I'm not sure what to do next as the trial will expire in a few days and access to Inventor is important for the CADD course i'm studying.

Any help is much appreciated

Regards

Kenny.

Message 636 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: KennyMc2012

Hi Kenny,

It appears that there is an issue with your account that is preventing any new licenses from syncing on our back end and in this case the easiest workaround would be to create a new account using a different email address.

The other alternative would be to send me a Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with your Serial Number and Request Code, which would allow access this time around, however you would most likely find yourself in the same dilemma if for all future license requests / activation attempts.

Message 637 of 1,174
plglaserna

I've reinstalled the whole program as instructed but I'm still having the same problem of being unable to register the product. It still says that it cannot be registered in the Philippines. Please help.

Message 638 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: plglaserna

Hello Pamela,

I've just manually registered your Design Suite Ultimate 2013 license for you. Can you please attempt to run / activate the software again and let us know if this resolved the issue?

Message 639 of 1,174
Rachelle_T

Hello,

I need help.  I purchased AutoDesk Building Design Sute Ultimate 2013 from Studica.  I used Identit-e.com/autodesk and placed my product code to get a serial number.  They replied that there was a delay due to a techical issue but they didn't ask for any other information.  I did send them my student id but no response.  Could I get more information of what I need to do?  Thanks

Message 640 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: Rachelle_T

Hello Rachelle,

Confirming that the technical is in fact on Identit-e's side and that there is nothing further needed from you at this point. Please install the software in trial mode for the time being as they will send you an email with your license information as soon as it's available.

Thank you very much for your patience.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report