Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

1,173 REPLIES 1,173
SOLVED
Message 1 of 1,174
brian.kling
111993 Views, 1173 Replies

STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

You are having problems with:

• Getting a Serial Number or Product Key
  • Your 30 day trial is about to expire
  • Your 30 day trial has expired and you can't get a serial number
See the Solution in the Reply below!

Brian Kling
Sr International Customer Experience Lead
Autodesk, Inc.
1,173 REPLIES 1,173
Message 601 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: rk0319

Hello Rok and welcome to the community!

In your case, this is being caused by a backend systems issue associated with the Education Community which has since been resolved. 

The only workaround at the moment is to manually activate with an activation code. Please either send me a Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with your serial number and product request code, or contact our Registration and Activation team directly for additional assistance.

Message 602 of 1,174

Hey philip.s I sent you a private message. How much I need to wait?

Message 603 of 1,174

HI Predrag,

I just sent you an activation code. Please let us know if you need additional assistance.

Message 604 of 1,174

Thank you very much. It's working! 😄

Message 605 of 1,174
joane.bonghanoy

Hi rk0319,

Please send me a Private Message (click on my joane.bonghanoy profile name and then “Send this user a private message”) with your Serial Number and Request Code.

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 606 of 1,174
rk0319
in reply to: philip.s

@philip.s wrote:

Hello Rok and welcome to the community!

In your case, this is being caused by a backend systems issue associated with the Education Community which has since been resolved. 

The only workaround at the moment is to manually activate with an activation code. Please either send me a Private Message (click on my @philip.s profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with your serial number and product request code, or contact our Registration and Activation team directly for additional assistance.

Well I would gladly send you the serial and request code. But i am unable to find my request code, when I install the trial it doesnt generate the request code in adlm folder and my serial is reffered as unvalid at install. What should I do now?

Message 607 of 1,174
Lucifering
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Done 😃
Message 608 of 1,174
Lucifering
in reply to: davidflagg

I dont know yet, i' ve write in the blog, if they can helping me, when they take me some solution, i contact you 😃
Message 609 of 1,174
ontheserch

Hello!

while installing AUTOCAD for mac student version a message pops up when I try to enter the serial number and product key saying they don't match. I've tried over and over again copy and pasting the numbers and letters into both slots and it still wont work. 

Help, please,

thanks

Sergi, BCN

Message 610 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: ontheserch

Hi Sergi,

The following steps should act as a workaround.

1) install the software in trial mode 
2) when launching the program in trial mode (once installed) you will be faced with run / continue in “trial mode” or “activate” - select the activation option 
3) follow the process (enter Serial Number and Product Key) to circumvent the previous issue and allow for a proper activation

Please let us know if this doesn't resolve the issue and we'll troubleshoot accordingly.

Message 611 of 1,174
philip.s

Hi Rok,

You should be able to install in trial mode and then proceed with the activation option / process which would present you with the request code.

Message 612 of 1,174
riley-187
in reply to: brian.kling

Hello. 

does anybody know how to fix the two radio buttons showing when activating maya 2013?

i really need help and ywould like an answer ASAP

Message 613 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: riley-187

Hello Riley,

This solution taken from our Pinterest page should be able to get you going in the right direction!

Message 614 of 1,174
rk0319

Well as I said it before I did install it in trial mode (no serial or product number entered in install). But the problem is there is no no pop-out saying I Should activate. When I start Maya 2010 it only returns the -12 licence error and then it closes Maya. The requirments state that MAC OS 10.5.8 is enough LINK. Is there another way to get the request code without starting Maya, perhaps navageting  through the files? Which file should I search for?

Message 615 of 1,174
philip.s

Hi Rok,

Everything that I was able to find surrounding the licensing error 12, corresponds to networked versions, not the standalone which is what the trial would have been installed as. Unfortunately there is no way to access your product request code or enter an activation code without starting the program. 

I'm hoping that some of the other community members may be able to jump in here and provide troubleshooting suggestions.

Message 616 of 1,174
riley-187

i use google chrome. is that a bad thing? should i make internet explorer 8 my default when trying to activate?

Message 617 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: riley-187

That's not a bad idea Riley along with the other suggestions listed on the previously linked solution.

Message 618 of 1,174
ontheserch

I'm drawing now, thanks!

Sergi, BCN

Message 619 of 1,174
mblhi09
in reply to: brian.kling

I chose 3Ds Max 2012 to get the serial number and the serial number that has informed by the website is for Maya 2012/2013. What should I do to register my 3Ds Max now?
Message 620 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: mblhi09

Hello Murilo,

That is actually by design. As a member of the Education Community you should be receiving only one Serial Number (beginning with 900-) to be used for all products.

Please proceed with the standard installation / activation process and see this FAQ for more info.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report