Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

1,173 REPLIES 1,173
SOLVED
Message 1 of 1,174
brian.kling
112024 Views, 1173 Replies

STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

You are having problems with:

• Getting a Serial Number or Product Key
  • Your 30 day trial is about to expire
  • Your 30 day trial has expired and you can't get a serial number
See the Solution in the Reply below!

Brian Kling
Sr International Customer Experience Lead
Autodesk, Inc.
1,173 REPLIES 1,173
Message 581 of 1,174
fbob66
in reply to: brian.kling

Hello.. I am a student and I have downloaded maya from the student center. During installation it asks me for the serial code and the product key, I enter both and it installs fine. When i open maya, and click activate, it says "The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again. (Error 2)"  Please help me: Product key: 657D1

Message 582 of 1,174
riley-187

Message 583 of 1,174
riley-187

i ahve google chrome as my default browser. i have tried it with internet explorer but it still didnt work. and i have tried to activate the .dll files manually from the cmd but i could only register the regsvr32 vbscript.dll the regsvr32 jscript.dll file did not work. it gave me an error

Message 584 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: fbob66

Hi Cole,

As mentioned in the previous post, we're currently experiencing an Education Community issue which is preventing the standard / automated activation process from working properly.

As a workaround we can generate an activation code from your product request code. Please either send me a Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with the relevant information, or contact our Registration and Activation team directly for additional assistance.

Message 585 of 1,174
Lucifering
in reply to: LincolnLi

I have the same problem, someone help me please,i need realy helping =(

Message 586 of 1,174
sirkoattila
in reply to: philip.s

Hello,

i'd like to use the Autodesk Simulation CFD 2013 with student licence. It's downloaded and installed fine, but at the first start i get the error message shown on the picture.error.jpg

Therefore i can't get the request code for the further activation. I also can't find here the _USRegiOnfo.html... C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Adlm\ProductNameVersion_USRegInfo.html.

(i have to tell, first i downloaded the 32bit version, but when it doesen't work i downloaded the 64bit version for my other computer(with the same serial number and product key) but the problem is the same on both computer)

Please, help me to make it run! 🙂
Thaks!

Message 587 of 1,174
camilo.lemos
in reply to: Lucifering

Hi Lucifering, 

Can you please send me your serial number and request code via private message (click on my screenname camilo.lemos and then on Send User a Private Message)?

I'll try to activate the license manually for you.

Thank you!

Camilo Lemos

Message 588 of 1,174
d.rosauer

Hi guys!

I also got a problem with activate Autocad 2013 on my mac (same Problem on 2012). I try it several times (also install in trail version an try to activate later) but I always got the same error:

"The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again. (Error 2)"

I am pretty sure that I copy paste the rigth nummbers. What should I do?

Best regards!

Dok

Message 589 of 1,174
fmhidalgo
in reply to: arlinpega.bibat

hey simona! it was great to find this blog! Im a student and i also downloaded AutoCAD 2013 which i require for my clases but i get the same issue The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again. (Error 2).. i will also email you my serial number provided by autodesk when i downloaded the product, help me fix the bug please. much apreciated!

Message 590 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: d.rosauer

Hi Dominik,

As a workaround we can generate an activation code from your product request code. Please either send me a Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with the relevant information, or contact our Registration and Activation team directly for additional assistance.

Message 591 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: fmhidalgo

Hello Fernando,

As Simona is currently not available (within her working hours) can you please send me the Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with your serial number and product request code.

Message 592 of 1,174
davidflagg

Hello, I am having the same problem with activating my product. I keep receiving the message "The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again. (Error 2)". Did you say there was a way around this?

Message 593 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: davidflagg

Hello David,

The way only way to get around this error at the moment is to enter an activation code. 

Please either send me a Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with your serial number and product request code, or contact our Registration and Activation team directly for additional assistance.

Message 594 of 1,174
kenipa44

Hey I have the same problem where I type in the serial number in the activiation key but I typed in the CORRECT serial number and it keeps popping up with the same error saying The serial number you entered is not vaild. Try again (Error 2).

Can please fix this?

Message 595 of 1,174
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: kenipa44

Hi kenipa44,

Please send me a Private Message (click on my joane.bonghanoy profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with your serial number and Request Code so I can manually generate the Activation Code for you. You can also contact our Registration and Activation Team for additional assistance.

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 596 of 1,174
davidflagg

Thank you Philip, can you tell me how I can receive a product request code? I don't think I have one right now.

Message 597 of 1,174
camilo.lemos
in reply to: davidflagg

Hi David,

Request codes are generated by the software itself during the installation/activation process. 

Please click here for instructions on howto find your request code.

Camilo Lemos

Message 598 of 1,174
hypocampe
in reply to: camilo.lemos

hello, for me it is impossible to connect my computer to internet.

I am prefering to receive my activation key by E_mail.

how I can obtain it by E_mail?

I have my serial number and product key

Message 599 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: hypocampe

Hi Valerie,

You contact our Registration and Activation team by filling out the following form.

Licensing Assistance Form

You can also call them directly via the following phone #'s.

AMERICAS: (800) 551-1490

ASIA / PACIFIC: 65.6735.5688

EUROPE / MIDDLE EAST / AFRICA: 41.32.723.9595

Message 600 of 1,174
rk0319
in reply to: kenipa44

@kenipa44 wrote:

Hey I have the same problem where I type in the serial number in the activiation key but I typed in the CORRECT serial number and it keeps popping up with the same error saying The serial number you entered is not vaild. Try again (Error 2).

Can please fix this?

I have the same problem with Maya 2010 for MAC OS, I am running it on Leopard. If I try a trial install (all 0 or no numbers at all) Maya wont start or ask to activate. It will only give me licence problem -12. What to do?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report