Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

1,173 REPLIES 1,173
SOLVED
Message 1 of 1,174
brian.kling
111967 Views, 1173 Replies

STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

You are having problems with:

• Getting a Serial Number or Product Key
  • Your 30 day trial is about to expire
  • Your 30 day trial has expired and you can't get a serial number
See the Solution in the Reply below!

Brian Kling
Sr International Customer Experience Lead
Autodesk, Inc.
1,173 REPLIES 1,173
Message 561 of 1,174
arlinpega.bibat
in reply to: hydrokia

Hi hydrokia,

You can simply download the 2012 version from your Education Community, install it on your machine and activate it. Use the same serial number but the specific product key for 2012. No need to delete your 2011 product currently installed. Now, if you encoynter any activation issue, contact our Registration and Activation Team for assistance. Please make sure to provide the following information:

Serial Number:

Product Name:

Product Version:

Request Code:

For steps on to retrieve your request code, please click here.

I hope this clarifies. If you have any further questions, let me know.

Best Regards,

Arlin Bibat
Message 562 of 1,174
LincolnLi
in reply to: brian.kling

Hi,

I downloaded Maya 2013 (Student Version) yesterday but I can't activate it until now. Everytime it shows The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again. (Error 2). But I am sure my serial number is CORRECT, just as same as displayed in "my software".

I have successfully activated 3ds Max 2013(Student Version) with the same serial number, but why it is not working in Maya? By the way, I use the "install now" option to download.

I have tried to re-download and re-install many times but failed. So I need your help.

Thank you!

Message 563 of 1,174

Hi ylix8,

Welcome to our forums.

The same serial number should indeed work for both Autodesk Maya and Autodesk 3ds Max, but there might be a bug in our system. Please send me your serial number by Private Message so that I can troubleshoot the issue. To do so, click on my username (simona.golisciano) and then on "Send this user a private message".

Regards, 

Simona Golisciano
Message 564 of 1,174

Thank you very much for your instant reply! I'll follow your kind instructions!

Message 565 of 1,174
riley-187

hello,

i am registerd as a student and i just downloaded maya 2013 but when trying to activate it i cant see anything when i click on "activate" from the 30 trial thing menu. i will click activate but it just opens a new window and only showed me these 2 bullet things that i can click on, but there is no test what so ever. i really need help please. i have tried disabling my antivirus and i have restarted my computer. any help is greatly appreciated. i also included some screenshots below.

Untitled.pngUntitled2.pngUntitled3.pngUntitled1.png

Message 566 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: riley-187

Hello Riley and welcome to the community!

The blank activation screen issue that you're experiencing is actually somewhat of a common one. Please check out the detailed workaround instructions here and let us know if it resolves the problem.

Message 567 of 1,174
daheartless

I am having a lot of trouble with my Maya 2013 edition. Everytime I attempt to put in my codes it says i have exceeded the  maximum number of times I may recieve the activation code. However everytime I recieve one, I place it in so that it can be activated and it either doesn't actually activate (it loads in the code but just closes), Or it says it is activated but isn't actually activated. It keeps telling me I have a student edition so If i save I cannot open the scene on any other computers that has maya as well.

Please help me!

Message 568 of 1,174
thomasbauwens

hi!

I can't activate my license.  Every time I enter the provided serial  number I get "error 2" the serial number you entered is not valid.  The 30 day trial period has passed without being able to activate.  I uninstalled all autodesk files and tried over.  Same issue...  

Any suggestions?

thanks!

Message 569 of 1,174

yeah.. I have the same problem.. I never got a response from them.

Message 570 of 1,174
JasonWynngard

I have what i think is a unique issue. I purchased and installed the Autodesk Entertainment Creation Suite Ultimate 2013 without incident several weeks ago. Being new to AutoDesk, I sought to set up teh Brekel MOCAP software to work with Motion Builder (MoBu). Since it didn't work (apparently) with my 64bit installation, I decided to install the 32bit version. Since I have done similar with Adobe and a few other products I figure it wa no big deal. When Brekel seemingly behaved the same with teh 32bit version, i decided to remove the 32bit version. And that's whem I had problems.

I was stunned to discover my 64bit version wa sno longer considered registered and licensed. I attempted to re-register it to no avail. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it but got the same claims that my serial number was invalid. The nice folks at customer service have patiently outlined the process more than once to get me back up and registered. But their advice which is teh same as I'd already done isn't working.

What I did:

1. Unisntalled MoBu.

2. reinstalled MoBu and tried activating withmy existing suite S/N

3. I took screen shots of my software info and customer service4 advised me to

do what i had already done but I did it anyway and ended up with the same results.

Result: My S/N is considered in valid.

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
---Albert Einstein
Message 571 of 1,174

Hi JasonWynngard:

I have created a new case number 07779120 and forwarded it to our Regisration and Activation Team. They would be able to assist you further regarding actvation of your serial number. For future reference, you can contact them directly.

Best Regards,

Arlin Bibat
Message 572 of 1,174

Hi daheartless:

I sent you a private message with the latest activation code we have on record. If you are still having issues with it, please contact our Registration and Activation Team directly. You can also reference case number 07779177.

Let me know if you have any further questions.Smiley Happy

Best Regards,

Arlin Bibat
Message 573 of 1,174

I followed your instructions and got a circular response. Which means i was told to do what I've already done and the results are the same. You told me and I shared that with them, that my case number was 07779177, their response referred to me as case number 07779120 which I think was my old number. So basically, I'm running in circles always ending up where I began.

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
---Albert Einstein
Message 574 of 1,174

Hi JasonWynngard,

Your case number is actually 07779120. There may have been a confusion as my colleague Arlin replied to two similar cases with two different case numbers. I've sent you an activation code via private message. Could you please test it and let me know if it resolves the issue?

Thank you

Camilo Lemos

Message 575 of 1,174

Hi,

I would just like to mention that everything I have tried to fix my problem has not worked. The support team also can not fix this problem. I have recieved about 5 different Activation codes and they all activate, However after activation and pressing "finish" it still does not allow me to save. When I go back up to "activate" it mentions that it has not yet been activated. this problem has existed for 2 months. I have mentioned this countless times. So CLEARLY a new activation code is not helping. I feel like no one is even reading what Im saying and just starts sending me more activation codes, even tho I have mentioned countless times that it still will not activate, Even if I reinstall. I will attach a picture of it saying it has been activated, but it actually isnt.

Message 576 of 1,174
riley-187

i have tried all the sites i can to activate my maya but i still get the same issue. when i click on activate from the activation screen i just see 2 blank radio buttons... any help? i really need to get this working asap

Message 577 of 1,174
DarrenP
in reply to: riley-187

did you try this: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=6404339&linkID=9240617

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 578 of 1,174
kimpze

Hi !

I just downloaded the Autodesk mudbox 2013 student version, and when i was going to install it the serial key was all fine and no problems occured, but when i was supposed to activate my serial key this error appears 

The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again. (Error 2)

What do i do?

Kim Mattsson.

Message 579 of 1,174
Anonymous
in reply to: arlinpega.bibat

I get the same error message. Code 2. What do I do?

Message 580 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello Kim and Dominik,

In this instance you will need an activation code to manually override the system, of which I'd be happy to generate for you. Please send me a Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with the corresponding request code and serial number.

Please note that for future reference you can also receive an activation code directly from our Registration and Activation team by clicking here.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report