Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

1,173 REPLIES 1,173
SOLVED
Message 1 of 1,174
brian.kling
112013 Views, 1173 Replies

STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

You are having problems with:

• Getting a Serial Number or Product Key
  • Your 30 day trial is about to expire
  • Your 30 day trial has expired and you can't get a serial number
See the Solution in the Reply below!

Brian Kling
Sr International Customer Experience Lead
Autodesk, Inc.
1,173 REPLIES 1,173
Message 281 of 1,174

I'm trying to activate 3Ds  Max, and have been emailing back and forth with the staff, but their recommendations are not helping me.  there is some kind of issue where the Serial # and Activation code are not linked with my user name, so when I plug them into the program I get a Licensing Error.  Can you tell me who to talk to in order to resolve this?  Thanks

Message 282 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: brandonwardell

Hi Brandon,

As I didn't see any 3ds Max licenses attached to your account, can you please send me a Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name, and then "Send this user a private message) with your serial number. Is this the same serial number that you get when you log into the Education Community, click Free Software, then the corresponding version of 3ds Max?

Message 283 of 1,174
ichiryu
in reply to: brian.kling

I have the two numbers, and it successfully gets past  the requirements check. When I input the serial number, it checks off, but when i put the product key that does not change from person to person, it does not work. I have attepted 6 downloads over the past three weeks. I go to Ai and I need this. What is wrong?

Message 284 of 1,174
arlinpega.bibat
in reply to: ichiryu

Hi ichiryu:

Please send me your serial number through private message(envelope next to your account name at the top of this page) so I may check further and validate.

Thanks,

Arlin Bibat
Message 285 of 1,174
CDThunder

Hi, I've just installed Autodesk Maya 2010 with Serial Number and Product Key given at the download list but I can't activate the maya, any idea how? I've sent the request code to customer service yet they said they request code is invalid. Anyone mind helping me?

Message 286 of 1,174
philip.s
in reply to: CDThunder

Hi CDThunder,

I've taken ownership of your support request case. It appears that the serial number and corresponding request code pertain to a license of Autodesk Maya 2011, not 2010 which would explain why the request code is coming back as invalid.

You can either download the 2011 software form our Education Community or with the following 72hr timed download links.

Autodesk Maya 2011 32BIT - LINK

Autodesk Maya 2011 64BIT - LINK

Autodesk Maya 2011 Mac OS - LINK

Message 287 of 1,174
iandczech

I have been having trouble installing Inventor 2013. During the installation an error pops up. I've attached a picture of the error message. I cannot run Inventor. I have encountered this when inserting the serial number and product key. I also have tried going with the 30 day trial, and still, this error message pops up.

inventor error.png

Message 288 of 1,174
clover3w_1805

i already got the serial number nad product key for autocad 2012. but then, i couldn't activate the software. right now im using trial one and its going to expire soon.

Message 289 of 1,174

Hi clover3w_1805:

Please make sure taht you have registered your serial number through https://register.autodesk.com/. Also, for blank activation screen, there is an available solution through this link:http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?linkID=9240617&id=6404339&siteID=123112

Thanks,

Arlin Bibat
Message 290 of 1,174
mad-mike-07

I made a topic on this but I will post it here just in case. I have come across an old product that you no longer sell, MotionBuilder 7.0 is there anyway to get a softwear key for it? I know there are alot more updated versions but this one suits my needs alot mor then the newer versions. Thank you

Message 291 of 1,174

HI. I was wondering when will the serial numbers be available? Just a follow up question.Thanks.

Message 292 of 1,174

Hi survivaltosuccesss:

You  may access Education Community through http://students.autodesk.com/ and request for serial number for your preferred product.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Have a nice day!

Arlin Bibat
Message 293 of 1,174
tecmvd

a few days ago I installed the 2012 with the serial ROBOT student version.
Wanting to save a project, it automatically fails and closes the robot and can not save my project.
What could it be?, Thank you very much ..

Message 294 of 1,174
conquer_96
in reply to: Mike

Hey 

I think I have the same situation except when I type my serial in it says its correct and i placed my product key in it says its wrong. I don't know what to do. Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks 

Message 295 of 1,174

HI conquer_96:

Please send me your serial number through private message(envelope next to your account name at the top of this page) so I may verify in our record.

Thanks,

Arlin Bibat
Message 296 of 1,174

Hey it seems like theres an HTML issue with the private message because I can't send it with my serial

thanks

Message 297 of 1,174
ucozsistem

hi everyone,when I start my 3ds max 2011,it says  The software license check out failed.
Error 20.what to do?
reintalled programm,solved,but 1 weeks ago it started again,I saw many topic about this error and everyone reinstalled 3ds max and that helped,but for me not.please tell me what to do

Message 298 of 1,174
Mark83

I have a different issue. A minor one (I think/hope) and one caused by my own stupidty.

My Autodesk suite - AutoCad Architecture 2013/Design Review 2013/Inventor Fusion 2013 installed just fine and registered just fine. During install, a pop-up appeared telling me the program had stored a new/longer product key in one of Autodesk's program folders. Stupidly, I got distracted and moved away from my desk. I now cannot find which folder it is in.

Can anyone help?

Thank you.

Message 299 of 1,174
henry.garzon

hi, my laptop where I had previously installed inventor was stolen and now when I try toinstall it on my new computer I can not do, what should I do for the record my new laptop

Message 300 of 1,174
man1998

Ok I am trying to Activate..

Product:  Autodesk 3ds Max 2012

And I get...

Activation Limit Reached
You have already activated your product on the maximum number of computers permitted by your license.

If you would like an Autodesk customer service agent to manually review your activation history, please complete a
Customer Service Request.

(Error: 10)

I have tried to do what was asked.. I cannot get it activated..

I go to my login area and see the numbers listed for "Autodesk 3ds Max 2012"but it wont activate ???

Help Please

Michael

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report