Installation & Licensing

Alumni
Mike
Message 81 of 1,172 (9,164 Views)

Re: HELP! Students Version 2012 - constant breakdown

06-21-2011 09:05 AM in reply to: frommehelene

Hi Angie,

Please try the following:

Disable the User Account Control and the Windows Aero functions. Here are some links from a 3rd party blog on how to do this:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/disable-user-account-control-uac-the-easy-way-on-window...

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/disable-aero-on-windows-vista/

Make sure you are using the latest Autodesk approved driver for your graphics card:

http://www.autodesk.com/autocad-graphicscard

Michael Bloss
Technical Support
Autodesk, Inc.
frommehelene
Message 82 of 1,172 (9,143 Views)

06-24-2011 02:47 AM in reply to: Mike

Dear Mike,

thanks, but it doesn't work. I disabled aerodesign anyway because I don't like it. I downloaded the latest drivers (graphic cards are: NVIDIA GeForce GT 540 M and Intel(R) HD Graphics). The cards were not listed in the link you sent me; does this mean that Acad 2012 does not run on my laptop???

I would be really HAPPY to have a 2010 Acad which runs; I don't need any new gadgets but a version that doesn't create more problems than it solves. Is it possible to change 2012 to 2010 version?? And: how can I simply stop AcadExchange from constantly appearing? I think I should be able to work without Internet connection - when I travel, for example.

Still hoping for a simple solution....

thanx and regards

Angie

Alumni
Mike
Message 83 of 1,172 (9,139 Views)

06-24-2011 09:13 AM in reply to: frommehelene

Hi Angie,

If your laptop has biometric security software, try disabling it. We have found that this security feature often causes problems with AutoCAD and AutoCAD based products.

Also, just because a card isn't tested and certified does not mean that it won't work with Autodesk products.

You should also be able to get a 3 year license for AutoCAD 2010 from the student website, so if AutoCAD 2010 works for you and 2012 doesn't, you can just uninstall 2012 and use 2010.

Please see this FAQ for more information on the 3 year licenses:

http://students.autodesk.com/?nd=3yearlicense_faq

Michael Bloss
Technical Support
Autodesk, Inc.
glentowner
Message 84 of 1,172 (9,131 Views)

Re: STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

06-25-2011 07:49 PM in reply to: kendis_bood

i have recently DL 3ds max 2011 and autocad 2010   THe serial given by autodesk for autocad was the serial for copy of 3ds Max.  Crazy.  Can someone help. I still need the serial for autocad.

riku.yrjonen
Message 85 of 1,172 (9,124 Views)

06-26-2011 11:32 PM in reply to: brian.kling

Hi

I'm having trouble activating my license to AutoCAD 2011.

I started my AutoCAD 2011 and I noticed that my license had expired.

So the software automatically gave me a window to activate the license by pressing ACTIVATE.

So I clicked it and a window popped up with the alternatives to "Connect now and activate! (recommended)" and "I have an activation code from Autodesk.

So I clicked the recommended option and activated it and then I was able to use the product.

But here the problems begin.

The next time I started to use AutoCAD 2011 the sofware claimed that my license had expired (even though I just had reactivated it)

So I go through the steps of ACTIVATE and "Connect now and activate! (recommended)" and was able to draw again.

The third time it was the same again.

But the FOURTH time I was unable to reactivate my license and the software said Processing Error

"Your license has expired. For further assistance, you must contact your Autodesk Authorized reseller. (30)

Click the "Use another method" link below to complete the necessary forms and submit your request to the local Autodesk Business Center for your area. A Customer Service Representative will respond within the next 2 business days."

Please help me to solve this issue and respond to me with E-mail also because I don't read this forum daily.

Alumni
Mike
Message 86 of 1,172 (9,115 Views)

06-27-2011 08:13 AM in reply to: glentowner

Hi Glen,

We're looking into this issue. I've removed the serial number from your account. Check back in a few days for a new number.

In the meantime, you can use AutoCAD 2010 in trial mode until you get a valid serial number.

Michael Bloss
Technical Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Alumni
Mike
Message 87 of 1,172 (9,114 Views)

06-27-2011 08:23 AM in reply to: riku.yrjonen

Hi Riku,

If you click on the "Email me when someone replies" check box, you will get a notification when you a response to a post on this forum.

I checked your serial number, and it is expired.

Please see this FAQ on how to get a new, 3 year serial number:

http://students.autodesk.com/?nd=3yearlicense_faq

Michael Bloss
Technical Support
Autodesk, Inc.
forest.zachary
Message 88 of 1,172 (9,103 Views)

06-27-2011 02:54 PM in reply to: brian.kling

So I was unable to download AutoCAD for mac from the education community page.  I get a serial number but I hit download now and nothing happens.  I did finally get it to work from the free trial 30 day place.  Now my serial number from the education community comes up as being the wrong format even though it is not.  Also on the education community page the product key says "none" but the register screen does not like that either.  Why won't the software come off of the education community site and why won't the software I did get not accept my registration credentials? Please help.

Thanks,

Forest

riku.yrjonen
Message 89 of 1,172 (9,091 Views)

06-29-2011 03:32 AM in reply to: Mike

My serial has expired? That is odd because when I log in and check "My software" it says that my AutoCAD 2011 expires 2013-11-25. And in the FAQ there are no objectives to "How to get a new 3 year serial number". And I have downloaded the software after august 16 2010 so I should have had automatically the 3 year license. 

So the question is.. What to do?

STA0064
Message 90 of 1,172 (9,033 Views)

07-07-2011 09:02 AM in reply to: brian.kling

hey i've got a problem that i haven't seen anyone else have and it does it with all of my products when i click activate on the program while or after my trail has ended it takes me to another window which is plain white with just 2 dot things that i can click and nothing else

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!