Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

1,173 REPLIES 1,173
SOLVED
Message 1 of 1,174
brian.kling
112006 Views, 1173 Replies

STUDENTS - Serial Number or Product Key Issues

You are having problems with:

• Getting a Serial Number or Product Key
  • Your 30 day trial is about to expire
  • Your 30 day trial has expired and you can't get a serial number
See the Solution in the Reply below!

Brian Kling
Sr International Customer Experience Lead
Autodesk, Inc.
1,173 REPLIES 1,173
Message 81 of 1,174
Mike
in reply to: frommehelene

Hi Angie,

Please try the following:

Disable the User Account Control and the Windows Aero functions. Here are some links from a 3rd party blog on how to do this:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/disable-user-account-control-uac-the-easy-way-on-window...

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/disable-aero-on-windows-vista/

Make sure you are using the latest Autodesk approved driver for your graphics card:

http://www.autodesk.com/autocad-graphicscard

Michael Bloss
Technical Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 82 of 1,174
frommehelene
in reply to: Mike

Dear Mike,

thanks, but it doesn't work. I disabled aerodesign anyway because I don't like it. I downloaded the latest drivers (graphic cards are: NVIDIA GeForce GT 540 M and Intel(R) HD Graphics). The cards were not listed in the link you sent me; does this mean that Acad 2012 does not run on my laptop???

I would be really HAPPY to have a 2010 Acad which runs; I don't need any new gadgets but a version that doesn't create more problems than it solves. Is it possible to change 2012 to 2010 version?? And: how can I simply stop AcadExchange from constantly appearing? I think I should be able to work without Internet connection - when I travel, for example.

Still hoping for a simple solution....

thanx and regards

Angie

Message 83 of 1,174
Mike
in reply to: frommehelene

Hi Angie,

If your laptop has biometric security software, try disabling it. We have found that this security feature often causes problems with AutoCAD and AutoCAD based products.

Also, just because a card isn't tested and certified does not mean that it won't work with Autodesk products.

You should also be able to get a 3 year license for AutoCAD 2010 from the student website, so if AutoCAD 2010 works for you and 2012 doesn't, you can just uninstall 2012 and use 2010.

Please see this FAQ for more information on the 3 year licenses:

http://students.autodesk.com/?nd=3yearlicense_faq

Michael Bloss
Technical Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 84 of 1,174
glentowner
in reply to: kendis_bood

i have recently DL 3ds max 2011 and autocad 2010   THe serial given by autodesk for autocad was the serial for copy of 3ds Max.  Crazy.  Can someone help. I still need the serial for autocad.

Message 85 of 1,174
riku.yrjonen
in reply to: brian.kling

Hi

I'm having trouble activating my license to AutoCAD 2011.

I started my AutoCAD 2011 and I noticed that my license had expired.

So the software automatically gave me a window to activate the license by pressing ACTIVATE.

So I clicked it and a window popped up with the alternatives to "Connect now and activate! (recommended)" and "I have an activation code from Autodesk.

So I clicked the recommended option and activated it and then I was able to use the product.

But here the problems begin.

The next time I started to use AutoCAD 2011 the sofware claimed that my license had expired (even though I just had reactivated it)

So I go through the steps of ACTIVATE and "Connect now and activate! (recommended)" and was able to draw again.

The third time it was the same again.

But the FOURTH time I was unable to reactivate my license and the software said Processing Error

"Your license has expired. For further assistance, you must contact your Autodesk Authorized reseller. (30)

Click the "Use another method" link below to complete the necessary forms and submit your request to the local Autodesk Business Center for your area. A Customer Service Representative will respond within the next 2 business days."

Please help me to solve this issue and respond to me with E-mail also because I don't read this forum daily.

Message 86 of 1,174
Mike
in reply to: glentowner

Hi Glen,

We're looking into this issue. I've removed the serial number from your account. Check back in a few days for a new number.

In the meantime, you can use AutoCAD 2010 in trial mode until you get a valid serial number.

Michael Bloss
Technical Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 87 of 1,174
Mike
in reply to: riku.yrjonen

Hi Riku,

If you click on the "Email me when someone replies" check box, you will get a notification when you a response to a post on this forum.

I checked your serial number, and it is expired.

Please see this FAQ on how to get a new, 3 year serial number:

Michael Bloss
Technical Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 88 of 1,174

So I was unable to download AutoCAD for mac from the education community page.  I get a serial number but I hit download now and nothing happens.  I did finally get it to work from the free trial 30 day place.  Now my serial number from the education community comes up as being the wrong format even though it is not.  Also on the education community page the product key says "none" but the register screen does not like that either.  Why won't the software come off of the education community site and why won't the software I did get not accept my registration credentials? Please help.

Thanks,

Forest

Message 89 of 1,174
riku.yrjonen

My serial has expired? That is odd because when I log in and check "My software" it says that my AutoCAD 2011 expires 2013-11-25. And in the FAQ there are no objectives to "How to get a new 3 year serial number". And I have downloaded the software after august 16 2010 so I should have had automatically the 3 year license. 

So the question is.. What to do?

Message 90 of 1,174
STA0064

hey i've got a problem that i haven't seen anyone else have and it does it with all of my products when i click activate on the program while or after my trail has ended it takes me to another window which is plain white with just 2 dot things that i can click and nothing else

Message 91 of 1,174
Mike
in reply to: forest.zachary

Hi Forest,

I checked your serial number, and it is the correct one for you. I also saw the product key on your information page. In case you can't see it, it's 777C1.

As an aside, if you have any questions about your serial number, please don't post the actual number here as someone else could use it.

Mike

Michael Bloss
Technical Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 92 of 1,174
Mike
in reply to: riku.yrjonen

Hi Riku,

Your serial number is actually a 13 month number and not a 3 year license.

Please see this FAQ on how to get a 3 year license:

Michael Bloss
Technical Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 93 of 1,174
Mike
in reply to: STA0064

HI,

In regards to seeing only 2 radio buttons when you try to activate the product, Technical Document TS1053941 has a solution for this issue.
Here is a link to this Technical Document:
http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS1053941

Michael Bloss
Technical Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 94 of 1,174
ladimir.abdala

Please Michael,

I have a problem.

I downloaded the Inventor Professional 2012 but when I try activate the product I received the same error commnet in this post.

Click the "Use another method" link below to complete the necessary forms and submit your request to the local Autodesk Business Center for your area. A Customer Service Representative will respond within the next 2 business days.

What I can do?

I have an educational email and I wold like use the IV 2012 for three years like I read in the Autodesk site.

Best regards.

Ladimir

Message 95 of 1,174
Mike
in reply to: ladimir.abdala

Hi Ladimir,

Did you contact your local Autodesk Business Center for assistance?

Michael Bloss
Technical Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 96 of 1,174
joeyray

I currently have a PC running Windows, And I might get a Mac in the future.

My question is:I know you can transfer your license to a new computer, But can you go from PC to Mac with your student license?. If so, How?. I'm guessing if it's allowed you'd get the Mac serial just like you got the Windows serial.

Another thing, I went ahead and got my Mac serial number from the Autodesk Student page. Is that ok?. On the "My Software" page on the Autodesk Student site it lists my Mac serial rather than my Windows serial. I didn't download the Mac version yet of course.

Can I use the Maya student version on my Mac, Assuming I have the serial and product key?.

Note that it might be a while before I can get a Mac, So if a new version of Maya is out, Can I use that new version on my Mac?. Even though I have 2012 on my PC?. Please answer that one too,

Thanks!.

Message 97 of 1,174
etuah57

I understand the situation both of us are going through; however, I am still not sure if i have been able to download successfully the two key products that I much interested in. 1. the Auto desk Maya suite and the 3 ds Auto desk product suite.
Message 98 of 1,174
Mike
in reply to: joeyray

Hi Joey,

Your serial number for the Mac and PC versions will be different, so you wil not need to transfer the license.

When you get your Mac, just install the program and use the serial number and product key associated with the Mac version to activate the program and get your 3 year license.

Mike

Michael Bloss
Technical Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 99 of 1,174
Mike
in reply to: etuah57

Hi Etuah,

Are you trying to download the programs from the student site or the main Autodesk website?

Mike

Michael Bloss
Technical Support
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 100 of 1,174
hike1

I've DL'd Maya 2012 and Motion Builder 2011 from the student area, 'I haven't downloaded anything' it says, sent a

problem form about 10 days ago, no answer.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report