Installation & Licensing

Installation & Licensing

Valeole
Message 1 of 3 (291 Views)

Student version to Licenced version

291 Views, 2 Replies
07-31-2012 09:47 PM

I don't know if I'm repeating topics but I tried a search and couldn't find it.

So I hired someone to make something for me. I recently found out that he was using Maya 2013 student version (Didn't read the contract clearly I suppose, too far to turn back without trying to rectify this). Before I purchase him a license to use, is it possible to finish the scene in the full license and have it be good for commercial use? Or would he have to reconstruct the whole scene in the full license for it to be legitimate?

Thanks for any help shot this way.

Alumni
arlinpega.bibat
Message 2 of 3 (286 Views)

Re: Student version to Licenced version

07-31-2012 10:32 PM in reply to: Valeole

Hi Valeole:

I have created case number 07503406  for you. I will respond via email.

Thank you,

Arlin Bibat
Alumni
arlinpega.bibat
Message 3 of 3 (261 Views)

Re: Student version to Licenced version

08-01-2012 04:53 PM in reply to: Valeole

Hi Valeole:

As per my email, if the software used was a student version, meaning from Education Community and it has watermark on it, even if you have opened the file in commercial version and saved it, the watermark will still be there. Now, if what you have done is modelling, you can export it as .obj and the re-import it to Maya. You' will lose any animation and most scene elements like lights, cameras, etc.. though. With regard to watermark, it shall remain even if you have imported it to a commercial license.

Let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

Arlin Bibat
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.