Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student version to Licenced version

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Valeole
565 Views, 2 Replies

Student version to Licenced version

I don't know if I'm repeating topics but I tried a search and couldn't find it.

So I hired someone to make something for me. I recently found out that he was using Maya 2013 student version (Didn't read the contract clearly I suppose, too far to turn back without trying to rectify this). Before I purchase him a license to use, is it possible to finish the scene in the full license and have it be good for commercial use? Or would he have to reconstruct the whole scene in the full license for it to be legitimate?

Thanks for any help shot this way.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
arlinpega.bibat
in reply to: Valeole

Hi Valeole:

I have created case number 07503406  for you. I will respond via email.

Thank you,

Arlin Bibat
Message 3 of 3
arlinpega.bibat
in reply to: Valeole

Hi Valeole:

As per my email, if the software used was a student version, meaning from Education Community and it has watermark on it, even if you have opened the file in commercial version and saved it, the watermark will still be there. Now, if what you have done is modelling, you can export it as .obj and the re-import it to Maya. You' will lose any animation and most scene elements like lights, cameras, etc.. though. With regard to watermark, it shall remain even if you have imported it to a commercial license.

Let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

Arlin Bibat

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report