Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student useable?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Excile
254 Views, 2 Replies

Student useable?

ok so iv been learning 3ds max with the student version i have made some nice little models my question is If AND ONLY IF i get the full stand alone version can i use some of these for commercial purposes since i own a copy of the full version ?

Regards Josh hall

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: Excile

Hi Josh,

Once you have purchased a Commercial License of the software, you can sure use the designs for commercial purposes. However, as the designs you made using the Student License contains the Autodesk watermark, you may need to redo it using the Commercial License once you have installed and activated it to your machine.

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 3 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: Excile

Josh,

Using any portion of a student version will effectively watermark any portions created in a professional version.  This is by design.  It is a violation of the license agreement to use educational versions for commercial use.  You will want to make sure that you never save any portion of your educational version files into your commercial application.  This is especially true for library parts used throughout the enterprise, which could essentially "poison" every single file that access those libraries. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report