Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

student registration problem

25 REPLIES 25
Message 1 of 26
Xiapher
3421 Views, 25 Replies

student registration problem

So I signed up for the 3-year student thing you set up for us, And filled out that form with school-email, name and all that. I registered, then the activation email came around. I clicked on the link in there, and had to put in my activation ID and code. Only thing is; 

Your registration information was not valid.

This came up after I clicked the link, now my question, is there a way to fix this without making a new account, since I only have one school mail.

25 REPLIES 25
Message 2 of 26
rmalone77
in reply to: Xiapher

The same thing is happening to me. I cannot activate my account. It keeps telling me:

"Your registration information was not valid."

I've even tried manually entering the regristation id and registration code.

The odd thing is the title of the page says "Registration Successful"

Message 3 of 26
malcolm25

I have this problem too. I'm not sure if its the registration I'm having problems with, or is it there not being enough serials, ether way its super annoying I just want to activate the 3 yr licence as I'm a student : (

I cant get serials for any software products offering the free 3 yr licence for students 

Message 4 of 26
genev

It is not only a student registration problem, but also for teachers. I am a teacher and having the same problem with not being able to activate my account (genev@troyusd.org) with the link emailed to me or manually using the numbers given in the email. Also when trying to request  a license it telling me "We apologize, we are temporarily out of serial numbers for this product. You may download and install the 30 day trial version. Return to this page prior to or at the expiration of your 30 day trial to obtain your serial number for activation.". I know they are not out of SNs as a fellow teacher is able to request licenses for products with no problems.

How do we correct this?

Message 5 of 26
MiriamBacterium

I have the same problem. PLEASE HELP. I need it for my Uni project ASAP :'(

Message 6 of 26
mx_gibson
in reply to: rmalone77

I have the same problem, I clicked on the link on the confirmation email sent to my mail, and appeared in the Registration Successful , but in the lower part said :

Your registration information was not valid.

Then to be sure  I pasted the Registration code and ID given on the email, and still no luck...

Any help PLEASE??? 

Message 7 of 26
Joseph_Kraffert
in reply to: mx_gibson

i've the same problem. plz help!!!

Message 8 of 26
kdorris953

Same problem. I can't believe no one from Autodesk has replied with a solution yet. Has anyone else who posted here resolved their account activation issue?

Message 9 of 26
Grant512

Hello,

I am having the same problem.  I have downloaded the Autodesk Inventor Pro and it indicates that the 30 day trial has started.  My teacher indicated we would have the use of this software for the school year.  Can you provide a serial number?

Thanks,

Grant

Message 10 of 26
VisionQuest

I too am having problems, they just demoed smoke at my school as we were told we could get a student version here yet I am having the same problems as everyone else here.

Gary Williams
Message 11 of 26
malcolm25

hi everyone i sent a bunch of e-mails to auto-desk and received this 

Thank you for contacting Autodesk.

We apologize for the inconvenience, because of the popularity of the program, it is sometimes difficult to keep up with the demand for serial numbers. You can still install the product and use it for 30 days in a “trial” mode. Please check back on the Education Community for serial numbers within that time by clicking the Get Serial button for your product and version.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us. 

Message 12 of 26
Xiapher
in reply to: malcolm25

Hi, the original poster again, and isn't that the exact same thing that's written on the download page?

Message 13 of 26
kdorris953
in reply to: malcolm25

Yes. And the original question of not being able to activate an account after registering was not addressed. WTF?

Message 14 of 26
kdorris953
in reply to: kdorris953

Hi Everyone:

I just checked my email and got this from Autodesk. Didn't know it was there because it was mixed in with other replies from this forum. Here is what they said...

"Thank you for registering with the Autodesk Education Community!

Due to an upgrade late last week some students and faculty were unable to complete their account registration. We have identified your account as having been affected.

Your account is now fully activated. To visit the site and download the latest Autodesk software please login using the link below:

http://students.autodesk.com/?nd=login

Welcome to the Autodesk Education Community!

Thanks,
Autodesk Education Community

Hope this helps!

Message 15 of 26
kganevsky

I am a teacher and I was able to download a version of Maya

But when I went to install it it goes through all of the different modules of the programs and then it gives me 

failure upon exit 

and does not intstall?

Anyone else have this problem?

Thx

Message 16 of 26
kdorris953
in reply to: kganevsky

I have been able to download and install Maya (among others) without any problems so far.

Message 17 of 26
Xiapher
in reply to: kdorris953

I Really do hope I'll get one of those mails just like that one. Oh and please this topic is made for the registration problems, the installation may be  part of the student package, but it's not really in place here.

Message 18 of 26
Grant512

I finally got a serial # and was able to activate after I received the following email from Autodesk...

Thank you for registering with the Autodesk Education Community!

Due to an upgrade late last week some students and faculty were unable to complete their account registration. We have identified your account as having been affected.

Your account is now fully activated. To visit the site and download the latest Autodesk software please login using the link below:

Welcome to the Autodesk Education Community!

Thanks,

Autodesk Education Community

http://students.autodesk.com/?nd=login

I was then able to get a serial number through the website, and then request an activation code (had to do this through an email to authcodes@autodesk.com )

Message 19 of 26
polygonhouse
in reply to: genev

Ah, I've had this problem before. You need to install it without the code (normal trial) and then get the code when it is about to expire (that is, the normal software trial).

Hope that helps.

Message 20 of 26
syedshaddad

I am still having problem to register ACAD 2013. I am stuck at "CHECKING LICENSE".

• Version:AutoCAD 2013 (English) 32-Bit
  • Issued:2013-02-18 10:57:06
  • Product Key:001E1
  • Serial:

At "Product Registration & Activation"

I need the "Enter Product Request Code"

Please help!!!!!!!!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report