Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student license information...

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
EjaRod
426 Views, 3 Replies

Student license information...

Hello. I am a game art and design student and I currently have a student version of 3ds Max 2013 and I know that is not for profit use, but a few questions. First I was wondering; if I can make a game that is completely free to the public? If I made my models and assets in the student version and purchased a commercial license can I use said models and meshes? If that violates the EULA, I would like to know, because I do not want violate the EULA.

On a side note; if I made a game to add to my portfolio, would that be okay?

Much thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
philip.s
in reply to: EjaRod

Hello Enrique and welcome to the community!

You can make something that is completely free, with completely being the keyword. No income or revenue of any kind could be collected including advertisements.

In regards to your second question, no, anything that is made with a student license can't be used at a later time for commercial or for profit purposes, even if a commercial license is purchased at a later date.

Hope this helps and please accept as a solution if this fully answers your inquiry, or reply with additional specifics as needed!

Message 3 of 4
EjaRod
in reply to: philip.s

Thank you for answering my question. This is a great help to me. I have one more question. What game engine should I use to make my game?

Message 4 of 4
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: EjaRod

Hi Enrique,

You can refer here for a list of Game Engines that you can use. On this link too are some suggestions from our active Community users and experts. 

Joane Bonghanoy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report