Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Licence and Donations

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
alexformosoc
455 Views, 1 Reply

Student Licence and Donations

Hello everybody, i just entered the student program and i ahve one huge question, and nobody seems to completely explain it to me:

- i CANT use my free software for anything commercial, BUT, in my case, im a videogame developer wanabee.

Can i use this software (3ds max) to create something, release it for FREE in my website, and have this little button "Donate if you want more works from me" ??? or even kickstart the game on Kickstarter or IndieGoGO?

this way, i hope to SOMEDAY be able to pay for the commercial licenses, or at least do it before my graduation that's 1 year from now.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: alexformosoc

Anything you make will be watermarked so that it will never be able to be used in any kind of useful fashion.  It's best not to share watermarked creations because you risk poisoning someone else's commercial work if they import your educational files. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report