Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Inventor Pro 2014 corrupt download.

35 REPLIES 35
Message 1 of 36
MCStone1979
1547 Views, 35 Replies

Student Inventor Pro 2014 corrupt download.

I have attempted to download Inventor 2014 multiple times using all three methods: automated download, install now, and browser download (I've used chrome, IE, and Firefox, along with Internet Download Manager, and none of these are working, all area ble to download but none can complete the self extraction process. I have no firewal enabled nor an AV active.I've gotten as far as the install twice and it failed to install the program, both times flashing a "failed" to decompress message. But more often the downloaded file is corrupt or your automated downloader freezes with an error: 0x250000ff. If I download using the browser method the self extraction utillity freezes at various levels of decompression ranging from a few hundred meg to 7.9Gig.

Any help would be appreciated,

Mike

35 REPLIES 35
Message 2 of 36
MCStone1979
in reply to: MCStone1979

My apologies...

My system meets all specs. Windows 7 64bit, 16Gig of ram, SSD with adequate space, dual video cards. Etc. I don't believe it to be a hardware issue. And as far as I can tell my software is compatable...

Again, thank you for any help,

Mike

Message 3 of 36
MCStone1979

Tried again this morning 3 times all different methods. I've now downloaded and/or attempted to install this program over 10 times. All with no success. I have turned off my routers firewall and placed my mcahine on a DMZ, so I don't beleieve that is the issue. I believe I will be giving up on Autodesks Student program and looking into learning another cad software.

Have a nice day,

Michael

Message 4 of 36
philip.s

My apologies for the inconvenience Michael.

As I'm not sure what the culprit could be here, I've just sent you a Private Message with instructions for a possible workaround / please reply when you have a chance.

Message 5 of 36
MCStone1979
in reply to: philip.s

Thank you for your help Phillip. I apologize for my tone earlier. I was getting pretty frutrated with the situation.

I appreciate you time,

Michael

Message 6 of 36
philip.s

You're welcome Michael and no need to apologize / completely understandable 🙂

Message 7 of 36
OLJensen

Philip,

I have exactly the same issue with the Student Inventor 2014 corrupt download. Could you also send me the instructions on how to correct that issue also.

Thank you,

Message 8 of 36
philip.s
in reply to: OLJensen

Hello Owenn,

Can you please try using a different browser, and/or disabling your firewall and antivirus software to see if that has an impact?

You can download the software directly from utilizing the Browser Download option via Matt, our Virtual Agent.

From Matt: Download and Installation -> Software Download Links -> I need to redownload my product

Message 9 of 36

I too had a similar issue and was finally able to download and install the various programs (autodesk 360, vault, design review, autodesk, however when I launch the Inventor student program it comes up shows my info at the top, but as soon as I attempt to do anything it provides a running clock "Not Responding"

Thoughts, should I just download 2013 and shelve 2014 for now?  This is my son's first attempt at this and I don't want him to be discouraged

Message 10 of 36
philip.s
in reply to: michaelfdonovan

Hi Michael!

Are you able to verify that your Machine meets or exceeds the Inventor system requirements?

I would say that trying with the 2013 version is not a bad idea, however am thinking that there might be something larger at play which would also impact your ability to use that version.

Message 11 of 36
smv3xn

What was the solution to the original problem? I'm having the same issues. Thanks.

Message 12 of 36
mas332

I'm having trouble with the student version too. I managed to install it, but when I run it, I get the following error:

Inventor.exe - Application Error

The application was to start correctly (0x0000142). Click OK to close the application.

<EventData>
  <Data>Inventor.exe</Data>
  <Data>18.0.17000.0</Data>
  <Data>512fe9d7</Data>
  <Data>KERNELBASE.dll</Data>
  <Data>6.3.9600.16408</Data>
  <Data>523d557d</Data>
  <Data>e06d7363</Data>
  <Data>000000000000ab78</Data>
  <Data>26a4</Data>
  <Data>01cf2763403c7bf3</Data>
  <Data>C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 2014\Bin\Inventor.exe</Data>
  <Data>C:\WINDOWS\system32\KERNELBASE.dll</Data>
  <Data>7e4f53b4-9356-11e3-bed6-0c84dc26cc32</Data>
  <Data />
  <Data />
  </EventData>
Message 13 of 36
jessica.t
in reply to: mas332

Hi Muhammad,

Looks like this could have to do with a .NET Framework issue. Take a look at this thread for additional troubleshooting steps.

If the problem persists, please respond to this post. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 14 of 36
mattwatson07

I am having the exact same issue when I try to install the student version of autodesk inventor 2014.

The self extracting is stalling at 8.09 GB every time I run it. I have re-downloaded both files multiple times.

I have checked my system settings and they seem to be more than adequate.

Please would you send me the link to re-download an uncorrupt version.
Message 15 of 36
edgarremedios

Gives me this error "File Corrupted error" Anyone know how to help me

Message 16 of 36
jessica.t
in reply to: mattwatson07

Hi Matt,

Try re-downloading your software from our Virtual Agent. Please let me know if this helps!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 17 of 36
jessica.t
in reply to: edgarremedios

Hi Edgar and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Please try the following to help resolve the error:

- Clear the cookies and cache from your preferred browser

- Temporarily disarm firewalls or antivirus software

- Turn off UAC

- Then try downloading from our Virtual Agent

If you have further questions please let me know. Please "Accept as a Solution" if this post resolves your issue so that others with this same question can more easily find an answer. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 18 of 36
NathanielMulder
in reply to: jessica.t

Hello I have a similar problem, I;ve been able to download and install the Student Inventor Pro 2014 but I can't seem to get it to install properly. I've tried on two different machines (one running Windows 7 and the other running Windows 8.1, which meet the system requirements) both of which are giving me the error 0xc0000142 "the application was unable to start correctly" i have tried a repair and a reinstall and nothing seem to work. Please advise.

-NM
Message 19 of 36
jessica.t
in reply to: NathanielMulder

Hi NathanielMulder and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Did you try all of the steps listed in my post above? Was there any change at all? Also, you'll probably have the best luck installing on the Windows 7 machine. Windows 8 is supported but we still have some issues with Windows 8.1.

Jessica Thrasher
Message 20 of 36
AndrewDavidson97

I am having the exact same problem. i have tryed to download it on my laptop and it worked but the scereen was too small so i tryed to get it on my pc but no matter what browser i use or download option it still fails at the extracting proccess. My firewll is disabled and AV off. can you please help as it is for doing school work on. (inventor pro 2013 as it is compatable with my scool pc's)

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report