Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

student autocad download page not working

30 REPLIES 30
Message 1 of 31
crystalmeka
7102 Views, 30 Replies

student autocad download page not working

so im trying to download the 2012 autocad student version but everytime i click students and educators and the page seems to be not working its just a blank white page ive tried serval times over the past month and its till the same... if anyone can help me out i reallyy need this program cause school starts very soon 

thanks! :smileyhappy Woman Happy

30 REPLIES 30
Message 2 of 31

I had the same problem - anytime I logged in, the subsequent screen was blank/all white. Turns out my account had not been activated. I sent a question describing my problem from the FAQ tab towards the bottom of the page on the Student and Educator Community home page. The response and activation of my account happened very quickly - good luck.

Message 3 of 31

and now you are able to download software and get a licence? cause i still have the problem. once i could download but cant get a licence, now the site is just blank. this s...s

Message 4 of 31

No, I have not been able to download successfully yet. I have a question on for assistance on that. Every time I try to download it just stops after a few seconds and give no indication of what the problem is. But getting my account activated is what got me past the blank pages so that I can at least attempt the download.

Message 5 of 31

i can't download it neither!

Message 6 of 31
gsmith73
in reply to: crystalmeka

Yes, I had the same problems. I wasted hours tonight attempting to d/l and install 64-bit AutoCAD 2012 and even Arch 2012 when plain AutoCAD failed. I thought the other students at the University of Alaska, Anchorage were kidding when they said Autodesk and corrupt files in the same sentence.  I managed to d/l 32-bit version successfully, but it was useless for my 64-bit laptop, but I was getting desparate for some success.  I did the .NET 4 install and reboot that the site told me to do, but useless without non-corrupt Autodesk software.  I gave up on student site for support. No support there except FAQs.  It took time to finally find support on Autodesk.com but after I fiilled out all the info and serial numbers, I must have failed 20 times on the distorted, two-word text quiz.  I even tried the verbal text quiz and failed miserably.  I haven't been this humiliated by a web site in at least a year probalby more.  It makes me want to drop the AutoCAD class on 9/6/2011 and try to find a class in Brand X.  Greg Smith 907-929-2275, gsmith73@uaa.alaska.edu.

Now, where is that send button?  Probably hidden to keep gripes to a minimum.  Gee, I used to love AutoCAD R14.  What has Autodesk done to make things tough to complain about?  The difficulty of the web site also keeps Kudos from happening.  I still like Lynn Allen.  Oh, I guess forums have a "post."  Well, that just shows my ignorance about forums.

Message 7 of 31
jjmarti1
in reply to: gsmith73

Same problem for me. Has anybody had any sucess with this yet?

Thanks

Message 8 of 31

same issue here. i think my account is activated, but i get a blank box for every program on any browser. very frustrated.

Message 9 of 31

Yeah, I have the same problem trying to download Maya so I can start my portfolio for college, I've tried different browsers and disabling my firewall, but all I get is the same old empty white box.

Message 10 of 31
lentzh1
in reply to: austin_love_32

Im also having the same problem with anything to do with the student community site. Even help and support links, download links, login confirm...all blank pages for weeks on end...found an email for support from autodesk on another discussion group but apparently that doesnt work either - they replied with "We are sorry, but this email inbox is no longer monitored by Autodesk."

Trying to do some cad work for my senior project which is due in 3 months...lots of work to do but Autodesk doesn't seem to be fixing this problem anytime soon....Smiley Mad

Message 11 of 31
nikkibaby.x

I'm having the same issue: blank white page and refreshing doesn't do a thing so I can't download the student trial

Message 12 of 31
fikret.aslan
in reply to: nikkibaby.x

Ok folks,

here is the solution that worked for me. Just follow these steps and download should work then.

visit this site http://students.autodesk.com/?nd=register

read the sentence below "Registration" and click on "click here" to request a registration email

in this mail you will find an activation link, click it and from then on Autodesk will open its doors for you

Hope this works for you too.

Greets Fikret

Message 13 of 31
gsmith73
in reply to: nikkibaby.x

Contributor,

Thank you for the help.

Greg Smith

Message 14 of 31
lukeARSE
in reply to: fikret.aslan

the activation letter isn't being sent to me and it won#t allow me to click on anything without redirecting me yo the same webpage and when i type in my e-mail it says that my account has already been activated?

Message 15 of 31
philip.s
in reply to: lukeARSE

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience as there was an issue with the Education Community site looping users through a "resend activation prompt", lasting through the weekend and into this morning. 

The system glitch affecting availability has been resolved and you can now access your student benefits via the link below.

http://students.autodesk.com/

Please note for future reference, you can download software from our autodesk.com site and run as a trial for temporary access, and or request a license from the Autodesk Education facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/Autodeskedcommunity).

Message 16 of 31
sepidehfarsi
in reply to: philip.s

This issue is still happening to me! it keeps cycling me through the registratin email page. Was this ever addressed?

Message 17 of 31

Hi sepidehfarsi,

Our apologies for the error encountered when logging into the Education Site.

We would like to get your authorization to reset your password so we can access your account and troubleshoot further. Also, your reply with a screenshot of the error would be greatly appreciated.

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 18 of 31
fikret.aslan
in reply to: sepidehfarsi

Hi sepidehfarsi,

Did you try the workaround that I posted in message 12.

Message 19 of 31
rshuya

The problem I am having is that I can't dowload Inventor Pro.

I get the licence screen showing my licence and then when I click the download button it just reloads the page with a video and nothing happens.

Can anyone help?

Thank you.

Message 20 of 31
evega3

This problem is happening to me. I tried the work around and got the message "this account is already activated..."

The student download (free software) link just takes me to a white page. Help!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report