Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student and Commercial versions of Revit

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
u33u
6123 Views, 8 Replies

Student and Commercial versions of Revit

Hello!

I'm a student and recently I've become to use student version of Revit Architecture. Of course the most difficult was the first project, when I learned Revit conception of designing buildings. In fact, most of the time I was creating new families. Good news was that all families I created could be exported in used in my future projects. But then I realised that I was using Student license with print banners on each printed page. It's not bad for me now - I mean full working version of such a good program with print banners for free is more then enough for studying. But when I'll graduate and find a job, I'll use commercial version of Revit. And I'd like to use all that families I created during study. So I got such a question: will projects and families, that I designed in student version of Revit, include print banners if I'll open them in commercial version of Revit?

Thanks for reading this!

And I'm waiting for your answers! 😃 

P.S. Sorry for my English!

Tags (3)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
TravisNave
in reply to: u33u

You cannot use any portion of files created in the student version for commercial work.  Not only will they all have the educational banner, but it will also "infect" all other commercial files associated with them.  Using educational files in commercial production violates the license agreement, thus the reason for the watermark. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 9
u33u
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks! Couldn't find this information anywhere else 😃

Message 4 of 9
CanamGroup

Hi, following this conversation I couln't find any baner in the families created with student version. Is there a way I can check if my familly have been created using a student release ? I am dowloading a lot of content on the web and as I am not always sure of the source I don't want to "infect" my firm's template.

Message 5 of 9
TravisNave
in reply to: CanamGroup

You shouldn't be doing any production work with student files.  Doing so violates the EULA and is just plain frowned upon in the industry anyway.  You will find very little sympathy here for doing so. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 9
CanamGroup

Hi Travis, I think there is a misunderstanding because I understand your concern and I don't want to violate any EULA but what I am trying to do is to verify if a family I am downloading from another party is compliant with this agreement since I would like to use this object in my template.

Best regards,

Message 7 of 9
kinga.zemla
in reply to: TravisNave

Is it still like that in 2016? Can't I use what I have done already and "convert it" somehow to the commercial version?

Message 8 of 9

@kinga.zemla

Same rules still apply except now there is no watermark on the drawing.  But the rules state any document created by an educational version must be recreated using a commerical version if the document is going to be used in a commerical sense.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 9 of 9
TravisNave

ANYTHING you do in the student version CANNOT be used in the commercial version nor can it be used for any commercial or non-profit purposes. It can ONLY be used for classroom work.

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report