Installation & Licensing

CypoBbIu
Message 1 of 6 (2,183 Views)
Accepted Solution

Student and Commercial versions of Revit

2183 Views, 5 Replies
04-19-2012 08:45 AM

Hello!

I'm a student and recently I've become to use student version of Revit Architecture. Of course the most difficult was the first project, when I learned Revit conception of designing buildings. In fact, most of the time I was creating new families. Good news was that all families I created could be exported in used in my future projects. But then I realised that I was using Student license with print banners on each printed page. It's not bad for me now - I mean full working version of such a good program with print banners for free is more then enough for studying. But when I'll graduate and find a job, I'll use commercial version of Revit. And I'd like to use all that families I created during study. So I got such a question: will projects and families, that I designed in student version of Revit, include print banners if I'll open them in commercial version of Revit?

Thanks for reading this!

And I'm waiting for your answers! =) 

P.S. Sorry for my English!

You cannot use any portion of files created in the student version for commercial work.  Not only will they all have the educational banner, but it will also "infect" all other commercial files associated with them.  Using educational files in commercial production violates the license agreement, thus the reason for the watermark. 

*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 2 of 6 (2,177 Views)

Re: Student and Commercial versions of Revit

04-19-2012 09:18 AM in reply to: CypoBbIu

You cannot use any portion of files created in the student version for commercial work.  Not only will they all have the educational banner, but it will also "infect" all other commercial files associated with them.  Using educational files in commercial production violates the license agreement, thus the reason for the watermark. 

CypoBbIu
Message 3 of 6 (2,173 Views)

04-19-2012 09:26 AM in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks! Couldn't find this information anywhere else =)

CanamGroup
Message 4 of 6 (2,091 Views)

05-22-2012 06:14 PM in reply to: CypoBbIu

Hi, following this conversation I couln't find any baner in the families created with student version. Is there a way I can check if my familly have been created using a student release ? I am dowloading a lot of content on the web and as I am not always sure of the source I don't want to "infect" my firm's template.

*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 5 of 6 (2,086 Views)

05-23-2012 08:44 AM in reply to: CanamGroup

You shouldn't be doing any production work with student files.  Doing so violates the EULA and is just plain frowned upon in the industry anyway.  You will find very little sympathy here for doing so. 

CanamGroup
Message 6 of 6 (2,081 Views)

05-23-2012 11:31 AM in reply to: CypoBbIu

Hi Travis, I think there is a misunderstanding because I understand your concern and I don't want to violate any EULA but what I am trying to do is to verify if a family I am downloading from another party is compliant with this agreement since I would like to use this object in my template.

Best regards,

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.