Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student 3ds Max download problems.

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
8613 Views, 8 Replies

Student 3ds Max download problems.

I'm having a problem getting the new student version of 3ds max to download properly.  The download usually starts up fine, but three to ten minutes into the download it claims its finished, yet when I try to install I get a pop up saying file has been corrupted.  I've disabled firewalls, tried differnt browsers and still the same thing.  I have enough space on my hard-drive also.  As a side note I've installed 2011 before and never had a problem.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Solved.  Downloaded the professional version and activated it.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

Oh!  That was a clever idea -- I'm having the same issues with the Student version.

Where/how did you download and activate the professional version, please?

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/download/item?id=17521273&siteID=123112

As long as you have an activation code for your student edition you just put that in.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

The 2011 version of the program 3Ds Max for students, has a problem in the download file and can not install it.
Please change the file or upload it again.

Message 6 of 9
joane.bonghanoy

Hi alexislarrahona,

We have had some download issues in our EDU site, please refer to this link: http://autode.sk/OKbrGd for some troubleshooting steps.

If you still cannot download successfully, reply to this thread and include a screenshot of the error or the error message if any.

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

Hello!

The error persists, so I made a little video that shows the error.
When I'm extracting the "zip" file, errors appear:
"CRC error in support / Partners / CraftAnimations / CraftDirectorStudio.exe" The file is damaged
Unexpected end of file.

Here the video:

3Ds Max instalation problem

Message 8 of 9
joane.bonghanoy

Hi alexislarrahona,

For CRC errors like the one you encountered, please do check your internet connection, firewall and antivirus.

Do the following prior to download:

- Disable antivirus

- Download on a different network or on a different machine with a different browser

Alternately, you can use a different download method from here: http://autode.sk/qrls3M.

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

Thank you very much!  

I tried downloading the file from another computer and disabling antivirus, using a different browser, and I can normally extract it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report