Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student 3DS Max Design 2013 Browser Download won't complete

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
gunraj
954 Views, 3 Replies

Student 3DS Max Design 2013 Browser Download won't complete

Two days ago I received a new laptop and have been re-downloading and reinstalling all of my Autodesk programs. However I have not been able to download the student edition of 3ds Max Design 2013. The download never completes. I tried it multiple times on two different computers in the past two days but it has not worked at all. The download always stalls part way and then stops. It shows in the browser as though it has finished downloading but the amount is always less than the 3.9 GB file size and attempting to install causing a corrupt file error (which makes sense since all of the files haven't downloaded). I have tried three different browsers. I've also tried downloading via the Virtual Agent. Browser Download is also the only option available for 3ds Max Design 2013, so I haven't be able to try the other installation methods. 3 weeks ago I was able to download 3ds Max Design 2013 via Browser Download on my desktop, transfer it to my old laptop, and install it. So I suspect this is not an issue with my computer configuration or internet connection. Any information on how to solve this issue is greatly appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dembkod
in reply to: gunraj

gunraj ,

Hello. That is interesting. I am guessing there is something going on with your web browsers perhaps or internet settings.

I am just guessing. I would use the Virtual Agent to download first. If this fails, I would clear my temp directory and clear my browser history on the off chance it is connected. It may help.

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 3 of 4
brianajames
in reply to: dembkod

Hi There, I am also having a problem with downloading 3DS Max. I have tried to download the trial version of every available year as well as the educational version of every available year. I get about 3/4 of the way through the download and the i have an Error 1921 message appear that relates mental ray 3.6. Can you please help me! I have deleted all my temporary internet files, tried running as admin but nothing. I am unfortunatley using a windows 8 OS.

Message 4 of 4
gunraj
in reply to: dembkod

The download using the Virtual Agent did not complete. However, I cleaned out my temp files, as you suggested, and tried again using the Virtual Agent and was able to completely download 3ds Max Design 2013. Thanks for your help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report