Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stuck at Initializing: installing akamai netsession interface

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
lmboyer04
3822 Views, 3 Replies

stuck at Initializing: installing akamai netsession interface

I downloaded the revit 2015 free student version, and ran the .exe file. this window popped up and it ways installing akamai netsession inferface, but nothing happens. What can I do to get it past this point? attatched is a screenshot of what I see

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: lmboyer04

I am also stuck on this initializing screen, but I am installing AutoCAD Raster Design 2015 30 day trial.

Message 3 of 4
ukdxb012

In all honesty guys, I have seen this before and to resolve it I simply tried the download again but at a different time, not peak. Not sure if it's the servers that provide the software but have seen loads of issues like this where the installer has simply just timed out due to a drop maybe in connection.

Check your installation permissions, UAC settings are off and run the exe as Run As Administrator by right clicking on the exe.

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 4 of 4
aghaomidjoon

I am trying to download the free student revit 2016 on my desktop and it seems to be stuck in the initializing phase to install the Akamai net session interface. I've tried downloading in three different times now and I've also tried changing all the settings from above. Is there any other possible troubleshooting I could do to fix the issue?
Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report