Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
GlitchVFX
305 Views, 2 Replies

Stolen seial number

Hi,

As the title suggests, I have a problem with someone having stolen one of our 3DS Max serial numbers.

I've recieved an activation confirmation email thanking me for registering 3DS Max 2014 on a computer. As the name of the computer is included in the email, I've realised that the serial number has been stolen by someone who was freelancing for us. Obviously they won't be asked back but I wondered if there's any way to deactivate it remotely? Or perhaps something else that can be done?

Many thanks & all the best,

Andy

Thou shalt not kill clients - for they know not what they ask
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
t_gaisf
in reply to: GlitchVFX

Hi,

Sorry for the inconveniences caused. We can lock the Serial Number for online activations. Then you would have to submit an activation request for every new activation (but licence abuse can be exluded).

Please send me a PM (click on t_gaisf profile name and then Send this User a Private Message) with your Serial Number, and confirm the registered company name or contact our licence assistance team for direct support. 

Franz Gaisbauer

Message 3 of 3
GlitchVFX
in reply to: t_gaisf

Hi Franz,

Thanks for your help.

Would locking the serial number prevent the abuser from using the license that's already been activated? Or is this a case of locking the stable door after the horse has bolted?

Many thanks,

Andy

Thou shalt not kill clients - for they know not what they ask

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report