Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stnad alone license BDSP - 2nd activation on a laptop

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
PRSS
650 Views, 6 Replies

Stnad alone license BDSP - 2nd activation on a laptop

Hello

I am already having a stndalone Single user license for Building Design Suite Premium - The liense is on my personal name..

I am in India, & I read the License Agreemtnt for India. It states that i could activate the same license on a 2nd computer - a laptop - for use away from the office as long as both the computers are not used at the same time and only one to be used at any given point of tme.

Please note that I have read this aggreemnt only after selecting the country as India. I once again say that it allows a 2nd installation and activation on a laptop for use away from the office. (This has nothing to do with the request for Home license for subscription users).

But here in India, the vendors simply say that one should not do this. They say if you were on subscription, you could obtain a home license.  What they say IS CONTRARY to what has been written in the agreement for India. Nowhere does it say that this is not valid for India. I read the entire full agreement without missing any lines.

Are the Indian Vendors giving wrong information? I have a doubt that they are deliberately giving this wrong information.

One of the Autodesk staff also said the same thing. But I showed him the print out of the license agreement where it was allowed. But still he says that it may not be true.

Is it that the vendor and the Autodesk staff here giving false information - to prevent misuse of the license? - when it is very, very claear that you could use it on a laptop with 2nd activation. (they say that it would activate - but you should not do it - to me this shows clearly that they are giving false information.)

THIS IS WHY I AM POSTING THIS ON THIS FORUM.  IF I ASKED THE AUTODESK PEOPLE HERE THEY ARE GOING TO SAY THE SAME THING AGAIN. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THE TRUTH.

Please kindly help me.

Thanks in advance

PRSS

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: PRSS

Hi @PRSS, 

Indeed if you have a Standalone License you can install it to a second machine (home machine) provided that you are not using it concurrently. You will use the same Serial # and Product. See here for more details. 

A Home Use License is a Subscription benefit for customers with Networked deployment. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 3 of 7
PRSS
in reply to: joane.bonghanoy

Thank you very much for your quick reply.

THEN IT DOES MEAN THAT PEOPLE HERE - BOTH VENDORS AS WELL AS AUTODESK PERSONNEL ARE GIVING FALSE INFORMATION.

(may be they are scared that the 2nd license may be misused in India).

What I want to actually know is confirmation of what I have said above. Eventhough the license agreement in India permits grant of 2nd activation on a laptop - for a stand alone license (without subsrciption), by giving false information, they are discouraging even very genuine users who would not violate the clause that both computers would not be used concurrently.

Or shall I take it that your reply confirms what I say - if this is a delicate question. If I did not get a reply for this now, then also I take it for granted that whatever you said holds good and what these people here are preaching is wrong.

If Autodesk is keen on prohibiting this second activation for non-subscribers in India, why don't they re-write the License Agreement prohibiting this 2nd activation? Instead of orally telling the customers that it could not be done.

With best regards

PRSS

Message 4 of 7
PRSS

I am still requesting for a reconfirmation. Few days have passed - still no reply for the above.

Do I take it then, that what I have said is true ? You seem to hesitate to answer.

If I do not get a reply for this then I shall take this as a confirmation.

I do know very well that all topics are watched by the concerned moderators.

So this one will not go unnoticed.

I again repeat: If I do not get a reply for this I shall take whatever I have said as confirmed.

Based on this, I am going to take up the matter with the Autodesk India authorities here - not for confirmation of the above - but for insisting that it is legal and authorized to activate on a laptop for use away from the work premises - for a stand alone license - & the same shall apply to AutoCAD & AutoCAD LT also (for my friends' sake - since the EULA for these also alllow this).

Let me please tell you some more facts. Right now I have a perpetual License for this BDSP and I am on subscription and this subscription ends by the 3rd week of March 2015.  I am thinking of foregoing renewal of the subscription, for reasons of my own. I also know the fact that Autodesk stops upgrading from the 1st of February 2015. I am willing to forego upgrades in case I did not renew my subscription.

In that case, the BDSP 2015 - after the expiry of subscription, becomes a stand alone license without subscription. So I would  not be eleigible for a "Home License" then. (In fact, I am the sole person using the BDSP as none of my 4 staff have knowledge in BDSP - they all use AutoCAD LT).

But as per the license agreement I am still eligible for an activation on laptop for use away from the work place. It is for this purpose that I have raised all the above queries. (because I do not actually need an activation at Home nor a copy of the software at Home - it is for the sole purpose of working away from my office - with only one license used at any point of time). When this is  allowed in the EULA for India also, I would certainly like to make use of the activation on laptop - as I am half the time away from my office as I am the Boss.

I do sincerely hope a reply from you.

Best regards

PRSS

Message 5 of 7
camilo.lemos

Hi PRSS, 

I can confirm that Autodesk standalone licenses can be installed and activated on a second computer provided that:

- the copies installed on Computer 1 and Computer 2 are not used at the same time.

- the second copy will only be used by you 

- the second copy will only be used away from work for your own business needs

I hope this helps!

Camilo Lemos

Message 6 of 7
PRSS

It is all the more importnat now for me to have this BDSP 2015 on my Laptop.

I am conducting a seminar on BDSP awarenes (especially Autodesk BIM awareness ) in my region two weeks from now - as my region is not fully aware of the usefulness of BIM.

I am doing this with the help of Autodesk India (which is sponsoring my seminar along with the main vendor) with their presentations also. So for my own presentation to show live using the software at the seminar premises - with my pilot project - ( I too am in the process of completing my training in BIM - backed up by Autodesk India for my training in their authorized center which is in some other city), I do have to have the BDSP 2015 software on my laptop.

With best regards

PRSS

Message 7 of 7
PRSS

Hello Camilo Lemos

My hearty thanks to you for your very quick & heartening reply. Thanking you once again,

With best regards

PRSS

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report