Installation & Licensing

Badar-Ahmad
Message 1 of 4 (231 Views)
Accepted Solution

Start up propblems autocad14

231 Views, 3 Replies
02-04-2014 09:51 AM

Hi 

i have a propblem i want to start my autocad 14 but it says HDI file is missing so i dont know how to fi this propblen 

This is typical of either an incompatible video card driver or a problem with AutoCADs video driver.  You can either update your video driver (nVidia or ATI, etc.) or you can try reinstalling AutoCAD.  Both usually resolve the problem.

Alternately, you may be able to resolve this problem in one of the following ways:

At the command line, enter 3dconfig. Click the Manual Tune button. Toggle the checkbox for Enable hardware acceleration. Click OK twice.

If that doesn't work, right-click the program icon on your desktop. Click Properties. Click the Shortcut tab. In the Target field, after *.exe”, type a space and enter /NOHARDWARE

You should now be able to launch AutoCAD.

Good Luck!

*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 2 of 4 (227 Views)

Re: Start up propblems autocad14

02-04-2014 10:01 AM in reply to: Badar-Ahmad

This is typical of either an incompatible video card driver or a problem with AutoCADs video driver.  You can either update your video driver (nVidia or ATI, etc.) or you can try reinstalling AutoCAD.  Both usually resolve the problem.

Alternately, you may be able to resolve this problem in one of the following ways:

At the command line, enter 3dconfig. Click the Manual Tune button. Toggle the checkbox for Enable hardware acceleration. Click OK twice.

If that doesn't work, right-click the program icon on your desktop. Click Properties. Click the Shortcut tab. In the Target field, after *.exe”, type a space and enter /NOHARDWARE

You should now be able to launch AutoCAD.

Good Luck!

Badar-Ahmad
Message 3 of 4 (219 Views)

02-04-2014 10:33 AM in reply to: Badar-Ahmad

thx it worked 

rafa14091996
Message 4 of 4 (13 Views)

08-17-2014 06:15 PM in reply to: Badar-Ahmad

Ajudou Bastante. OBRIGADO!

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.