Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4
SSchick
481 Views, 3 Replies

Stand alone license

I have a stand alone license of AutoCAD Revit MEP Suite 2012 and its loaded and functional on my laptop. I was told I can load the software on a another computer so I can have 1 for the office and when I am at home I can use my laptop. Understanding only one can run at a time.

When I load the software on my new computer and try to activate it, I get a message the serial number entered is not valid.

Is there a specific way to activate the second computer?

Thanks,

Stephen

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: SSchick

You may have had a Subscription lapse on that product after 2013 was released.  You should be able to request a previous serial number from your Subscription Center if it is still valid.  You can get an activation code by contact Autodesk Activations should you have any additional issues.

Please call Autodesk Product Registration and Authorization:

http://en.autodesk.ca/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=9719649&id=9830778

You will need to provide your serial number and the request code.

Otherwise, an Autodesk rep can help you out here via PM.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
philip.s
in reply to: TravisNave

Hello Stephen,

Confirming Travis' inclination as the license was upgraded to the 2013 release of AutoCAD MEP Suite per an active subscription contract that has since lapsed / expired.

With that being said, the 2013 release has already been activated and I'd recommend contacting the previous contract manager, G. Eberhardt, to ensure that you stay compliant with the one seat license usage.

Hope that helps and please don't hesitate to let us know if you need additional clarification!

Message 4 of 4
SSchick
in reply to: SSchick

I did find out that the subscription was indeed not renewed and the powers to be are working on renewing it.

Once completed if I have further issues with it then I will post another question.

Thank you for your help,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report