Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOME FILES COULD NOT BE CREATED WHEN I INSTALL

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
vegabb
23508 Views, 8 Replies

SOME FILES COULD NOT BE CREATED WHEN I INSTALL

I can't right click in the 3ds max so i reinstall .but it show "some files could not be installed,please close all application ,reboot windows and restart this installation." I try many times but still don't work.Woman Sad
how can i solve it,many thanks..

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
philip.s
in reply to: vegabb

Hi Tam,

Did you completely uninstall the software? If not, you can always try repairing the installation (Add / Remove Programs  -> 3ds Max -> Uninstall / Change -> Repair).

Lastly, I'd suggest running Microsoft's Fix-it apllication to clean up any potential registry files that are preventing the reinstall.

Message 3 of 9
cvandyke.161
in reply to: philip.s

where do i find the Add / Remove Programs
Message 4 of 9
TravisNave
in reply to: cvandyke.161

Under your Control Panel.  Depending on your version of Windows, it may be listed as Programs and Features. 

@cvandyke.161 wrote:
where do i find the Add / Remove Programs

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 9
raygruetze
in reply to: TravisNave

Its an old topic, but as I didn't find any other place with this (or an equal) issue discussed, I write here my solution.

I had the same error message when I tried to install the latest Trial version of 3DSmax. Here we get that installer file. So if you have the same problem, do following:

Use any RAR unpacker (like WinRar or 7Zip), rightclick on the downloaded installer file and chose 'unpack to' (any destination)... it will unpack and you can start the installation directly from within the new folder.

The automatic installer seems to have a problem with unpacking (probably a user rights issue... however, it just didn't work for me, even when I am full administator).

Also, its was not working with Firefox, instead IExplorer did it. Autodesk - such installation boundaries are a bit fishy... 😉

Message 6 of 9
sonukr976914
in reply to: raygruetze

i also having same kind of issue but file that i downloaded from this site doesn't shows option for extract . after installing that file it shows " some files could not be created.As u suggested above then i tried to extract that file and it did nice but again then shows error "connection was lost during installing

Message 7 of 9
sonukr976914
in reply to: sonukr976914

SOMEONE plz give a clear solution of this .>THANK YOU

Message 8 of 9

There's a couple of ways to properly download and install your Autodesk product to your machine.  Please review this article and the solution it provides.

If the installation does fail using the preferred methods, please post your installation log file here so we can review it.

Posting info: Sometimes the installation log file contains the serial # that was assigned to you.  Open your log file using Windows Notepad and perform a search on "/SN".  Depending on the number of installation attempts, your serial # may be located throughout the log file.  If present, remove or "X" out your serial # prior to posting.

Good luck on your installation and report back on your progress.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 9 of 9
azadherry
in reply to: sonukr976914

Try compatibility mode!

In my case i was installing a software and faced same issue, searched a lot but didn't found any solution.

Then i restated, my pc and made the software compatible (by properties option) window :vista and run as administrator. Then i reinstalled it and boom it worked fine 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report