Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smoke 2013 Activate issue

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
mobuksh
1094 Views, 5 Replies

Smoke 2013 Activate issue

Hi, my name is Mo and I am able to run Smoke 2013 (full version) as a trial without issue but the moment I click activate, it freezes. I remember having a similar problem activating Smoke 2012, but was able to run Smoke 2011 without issue. I get all green lights except the licence server which is grayed out.

I have attached the relevant log.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Cheers!

~mo~

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Robert.Adam
in reply to: mobuksh

Hi Mo.

If you are using a standalone serial number it is normal for the license server "light" to be gray. The license server is only used with network licenses.

Regarding your crash, have you tried restarting your Mac? If that doesn't solve the issue, try uninstalling Smoke and reinstalling it (as a licensed version using the serial number, and not as a trial).

Please let me know if that helped.

Regards,

Robert.

Robert Adam
Program Manager

Message 3 of 6
mobuksh
in reply to: Robert.Adam

Hi Robert, thanks for your reply.

I managed to get this working by accident, I waited at the activation window for 5 minutes and then clicked activate and it went ahead. After a few tries it did go through.

I tried to install Smoke 2012 (with a license). The install was fine but the moment I tried to open the program, the icon started jumping up and down, nothing happened for a couple of minutes then the icon disappeared for a few minutes, finally a crash report dialog box came up. Smoke 2012 was still frozen thought not visible so I had to use the force quit dialog box where it was listed as not responding. This is precisely what it did the last time I tried to activate. I have previously tried many reboots and re-installs and uninstalls to try and get this working, never happened.

Could you please let me know if there is something I can do to diagnose this issue or if there is a known fix for this behaviour?

Thanks for your help.

~mo~

Message 4 of 6
Robert.Adam
in reply to: mobuksh

Hi Mo.

Apologies for replying so late. That issue with Smoke 2012 might not be due to the license. What computer are you using? Is it a laptop by any chance? If so, open System Preferences > Energy Saver and make sure "Automatic Graphics Switching" is disabled.

Regards,

Robert.

Robert Adam
Program Manager

Message 5 of 6
lionel
in reply to: Robert.Adam

I am having the same issue with Smoke 2013.2

Had it working fine and mid way through the project, Smoke crashed and wouldnt start again. When starting smoke, It would show the application icon bouncing on the dock and then nothing happens. 

Alt cmd esc will show "Autodesk Smoke(not responding) 

I used "service monitor" to force quit the stalled smoke application.

After restarting it doesnt start the application either. 

I uninstalled and reinstalled smoke. Same problem. 

Help!!!

instagram: @motionmediaworks
web: www.motionmediaworks.com
Message 6 of 6
Robert.Adam
in reply to: lionel

Hi Lionel.

First, please restart your Mac.

If that doesn't help, please open the "Service Monitor" app and make sure no service shows a red "light". If any services are red, try restarting them.

If that doesn't help either, please open the Terminal app and type:

/usr/discreet/smoke2013.0.2/bin/startApplication

Then watch the Terminal for any error messages that might give a clue as to why Smoke won't start and post them here.

Regards,

Robert.

Robert Adam
Program Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report