Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smoke 2012 Student Version stops at main screen

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
mediaarts3000
276 Views, 3 Replies

Smoke 2012 Student Version stops at main screen

I can't get past the main screen where I create a user name. It will not allow me to select a new drive (Pegasus 4TB Raid 5).

Smoke will only let me exit or create a new user. Is this a preference issue?

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Robert.Adam
in reply to: mediaarts3000

Hi.

Looks like your storage volume isn't declared or that the storage service ("stone+wire") is not running.

Please open the "Service Monitor" app from the "Applications / Autodesk / Smoke Common Utilities" folder and make sure that the "stone and wire" service is running.

Then please open the "Smoke Setup" app from the "Applications / Autodesk / Smoke 2012 / Utilities" folder, go to the "Media Storage" tab and make sure your drive appears in that list.

Also, open Finder and make sure your drive is actually available to the Mac OS system. It should be listed in Finder's left panel. Make sure you can access it and that there's an "Autodesk Media Storage" folder on it.

If all the above look ok but Smoke still doesn't see your storage, we'll take a look at the logs.

Regards,

Robert.

Robert Adam
Program Manager

Message 3 of 4

Cool! I got it to work following your instructions. THe strange thing is that "stone+wire" isn't in the folder, but I managed to find something that allowed me to search and look for new disks to select.

Cheer!

Message 4 of 4
Robert.Adam
in reply to: mediaarts3000

I'm glad you got it to work.

Enjoy learning Smoke.

You can find a bunch of useful tutorials on the Smoke Learning Channel: http://www.youtube.com/smokehowtos

Regards,

Robert

Robert Adam
Program Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report