Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketchbook Pro or Designer student licence

37 REPLIES 37
Message 1 of 38
ahorvatek
15899 Views, 37 Replies

Sketchbook Pro or Designer student licence

Hi all!

I'm math teacher (from Croatia).

A year ago I downloaded Sketchbook Designer 2013 (free) and I used it for making educational videos. Here is one example

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCme1ucBTIM  .

Now I have new laptop and I would like to download Sketchbook Designer again, but I can't find it on Autodesk's website.

Is it possible to donwload it free again?

If not, is there any other free software that I can use in the same purpose (for recording educational videos)?

Thanks!

Antonija Horvatek

http://www.antonija-horvatek.from.hr/materials-English.htm

http://www.antonija-horvatek.from.hr/index.html

37 REPLIES 37
Message 2 of 38
david.lau
in reply to: ahorvatek

I would try to re-download it from students.autodesk.com.

David Lau
Message 3 of 38
ahorvatek
in reply to: david.lau

I already visited students.autodesk.com , but I can't find Sketchbook Designer or Sketchbook Pro there.

Message 4 of 38
david.lau

The updates on the MAC for Sketchbook are full installers.  It can be found here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?linkID=9242579&id=2334435&siteID=123112

You will still need a serial number from previous install!

David Lau
Message 5 of 38
ahorvatek

I have Windows 7.

Is possible for me to download Sketchbook free?

If not, is there some similar free software?

Message 6 of 38
david.lau

Unfortunately, there is no 'free' license available for it.

David Lau
Message 7 of 38
juan.castaneda

Can I use previous license keys (i.e. Sketchbook Pro 2011) with the new version of Sketchbook?

I see they only have the trial version now (or the mobile version, over at the Education site).

Thanks!

Message 8 of 38
DarrenP
in reply to: juan.castaneda

no

it doesn't work that way

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 9 of 38
Rodders058

Hi David,

Like AHORVATEK, I too am a high school teacher (In New Zealand) and I have previously downloaded Sketchbook Designer 2013 and used it on my school laptop. At the end of the last term our IT department re-imaged my laptop which required me to re-install all of my applications - including Skecthbook designer 2013. I have the executable file which I downloaded from the education website, but do not have my serial number.  I have managed to track down the product ID but the serial number can't be found.

I cannot find Sketchbook designer anywhere on the education software download page.

Can you please tell me where I can find this please.

Kind regards

Rod Forrest

Teacher in Charge

Design & Visual Communication

Taupo-nui-a-Tia College

Taupo

New Zealand

Message 10 of 38

Hello Rod!

Welcome to the community!

I have checked your email address through our records and was able to find the serial number for your Autodesk SketchBook Designer 2013. I will send you a private message with this information (should be on the upper right hand corner of your forums homepage beside your name). As for the download of Autodesk SketchBook Designer 2013, you can go through our Virtual Agent and choose the following options:

• Download Links
  • Sketchbook Products
  • Sketchbook Designer
  • Autodesk Sketchbook Designer 2013

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Patricia Cuizon

Message 11 of 38

Hey,

I am using a new computer now and I am not able to find any download in the students section for SketchBook Pro or Designer. As an industrial design student I used this app very much, but I'm not sure if there is any Serial Number registered to my mail adress? And if I could use it with a windows PC. My former one was a Mac, but perhaps it is possible to switch?

Thank you for your help!

-Max

Message 12 of 38
rubenvaca
in reply to: Patricia.Cuizon

So Is there a version for mac that you can get the student download? Where do you find the license number?
Message 13 of 38

Hi Max,

There are some Products that are not found in our Education Community site. Seeing as you have a Serial # for Autodesk SketchBook Designer 2012 which is expiring 6/4/2014, you can download the said Product from Matt, Our Virtual Agent. See steps below:

- Download Links

- Sketchbook Products

- Sketchbook Designer

Note too that Sketchbook Designer is one of our MAC Compatible Products. Click here for more details. 

Lastly, I sent you a Private Message (small envelope beside your profile name) with your Serial Number and Product Key. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 14 of 38
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: rubenvaca

Hi Ruben,

If you meant Sketchbook Pro or Designer, we do not have that available in the EDU site now. 

Reply back and let us know if you have any other questions.

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 15 of 38
rubenvaca
in reply to: joane.bonghanoy

Sketch book pro. When did they have that available because I tried to get
it within the last 2 years
Message 16 of 38
rubenvaca
in reply to: maxneubuerger

Actually more like 3 years

Message 17 of 38
sawyer
in reply to: rubenvaca

I also have a new computer and was dismayed to find that the serial for my Sketchbook Pro was not retained in my academic portal.  WOuld you be kind enough to send it to me, as well as instructions for how to obtain the installer.  I am now on Windows 8.1.

Message 18 of 38
florsaldi

Hola Patricia! Yo tambien necesito descargar Sketchbook Deseigner para Win 7 y no tampoco tengo la licencia para estudiante. Podrian ayudarme? gracias!.

ATTE Floencia.

Estudiante de Diseño Industrial

Message 19 of 38
taylo196

Hi, 

I'm a University student, and have just upgraded laptops for a bit of extra power, in doing so I've lost my Sketchbook Pro/Designer copy and obviously now I cant just download a new copy!

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks in Advance!

Message 20 of 38
jessica.t
in reply to: taylo196

Hello @florsaldi and @taylo196,

Did you guys by chance see @joane.bonghanoy 's solution listed above? Once you re-download your software you can use your existing license information to re-activate. If you do not have it please contact our Activation and Registration team:

To find self-service solutions or reach us via Chat for Activation and Licensing Help:
1.    Visit http://knowledge.autodesk.com/contactus
2.    Select “Activation & Registration” or “License Management”
3.    Select appropriate subtopics from the pull-down menus.
4.    Select “I Still Need Help”  if you need personal assistance.

Please let me know if you need further assistance. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report