Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketchbook Pro 7 crashes on login

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Juize1986
2659 Views, 8 Replies

Sketchbook Pro 7 crashes on login

Hi everyone,

I've just purchased monthly subscription to the latest version of Sketchbook Pro. I've downloaded and installed it. Everything went okey. When I first launched it, this message popped up saying that something went wrong

sketchbookpro.jpg

It appears with every launch of the application.

When I try to log in, Sketchbook stops working when the login window pops up

sketchbook_login.jpg

I have Windows 8.1 x64 with latest updates and no antivirus software installed. UAC is disabled. My PC meets the requirements.

I tried to reinstall it, but it didn't help. I also ran it as administrator and in compatibility modes but also with no positive results 😕 It keeps on crashing.

And I also searched for log files but there are no autodesk or sketchbook logs in the folder in which they should be according to this tip

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-licensing/how-to-determine-errors-in-installation-log-fil...

Does anyone have any idea what is wrong?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
brad_hurley
in reply to: Juize1986

Hello,

- Please check your system to see if you have Microsoft Security update KB2987101 installed. If it is not installed please run a Windows Update.

Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer (2987107)

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/AutoCAD...

- Please try updating your graphic's drivers by going directly to the manufactures website to downloand and install the latest update.

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

BHurley
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 9
DreBz
in reply to: brad_hurley

I seem to be having the same issue, and I have all the latest windows updates.

Just bought a sketchbook pro subscription, and the log in window turned into an error when logged in.

All the latest updates installed and graphic driver too.

It lets me use the trial version but as soon as I log in to use the Pro version, the error window shows up. No way to get to Pro version.

Message 4 of 9
clarencedesmarais
in reply to: DreBz

I have the same problem. My computer is updated to its latest windows 10 version. Thanks for helping

Message 5 of 9

If you have got installed latest update to Flash Player for IE it causes all that problems (KB3132372 from 28th dec 2015). Uninstall it and problems will gone to next forced Windows Update for FlashPlayer...

Message 6 of 9
jully.viana
in reply to: MandiATO

Yep, that was the problem. Way to go Microsoft/Adobe!! 😛
Message 7 of 9

Hi, thank you very much for your feedback, it works now! 🙂

Message 8 of 9
MandiATO
in reply to: MandiATO

And here it is more polite solution that instant uninstalling that KB.

Please download: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930, and after uninstalling problematic KB use this tool to block re-installing KB3132372

by hiding it from windows update.

Message 9 of 9
keegannielsen
in reply to: Juize1986

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report