Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SketchBook Pro 2015 Activation

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
BURNSBAXTER2414
4097 Views, 6 Replies

SketchBook Pro 2015 Activation

I have installed Production Design Suite Ultimate 2014, and things seem to be working properly  The installation for Alias 2015 and SketchBook Pro come separately from the other programs on the flash drive for some reason. Using the downloaded installation package for Alias and SB Pro, I have gotten Alias up and running just fine and have activated it using the S/N for my suite.  For some reason the SB install on the same download will not accept the same S/N as the Alias installation, which activated successfully.  Has anyone else encountered this?  If so, how did you get SB Pro 2015 to activate?  It is up an running just fine, but I only have 17 days left on my "Trial", which is the only way I can get it to open.  If it will help - ever time I try yo open SB Pro 2015 I get a message telling me "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive F:." (attached) 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
asburyj
in reply to: BURNSBAXTER2414

You can't activate sketchbook pro 2015 with a product design suite license. That license does not cover sketchbook pro. Here's the list of software in the suite. 

http://www.autodesk.com/suites/product-design-suite/included-software

Jeffry Asbury
Message 3 of 7

The download "Autodesk_ALDES_2015_English_Win_64bit_R1_dlm.sfx.exe contains both Alias Design and Sketchbook Pro. There is one S/N supplied. It works when activating Alias, but not for SBP. I think the downloadable executable is faulty or corrupted. I have downloaded it 3 times and get the same result every time.
Message 4 of 7
asburyj
in reply to: BURNSBAXTER2414

Sketchbook Pro can activate with an Alias Design license, not with the suite license. The only things that can activate Sketchbook Pro 2015 other than the sketchbook pro serial itself are serials for Alias Design, Alias Automotive, or Alias Studio. 

Jeffry Asbury
Message 5 of 7
BURNSBAXTER2414
in reply to: asburyj

I am trying to make it clear that I am using the separate serial number given for Alias: not the one for my suite.  There are two separate numbers and I understand that.  The serial number for my suite works perfectly.  The second serial number, for both Alias and SketchBook, will activate Alias but not SBP.  I am using the same number that successfully activated Alias, and it is not recognized when I try to activate SBP 2015, which unpacks from the same download as Alias 2015.  If both programs which are in the same downloadable executable file are supposed to be able to activate using the same number and only one of them will, I can't help but draw the conclusion that there must be something wrong with the download.  I have downloaded it three times. Every time I try to activate SBP using the same number that works for Alias, from the same downloaded executable file, I get an error telling me the S/N I used to succcessfully activate Alias 2015 is not correct for SB Pro 2015.  

Message 6 of 7

I now know why SketchBook Pro 2015 will not open in my case.  It is not included in the software bundled with 2015 Ultimate.  Aaron Hai from Autodesk clarified this for me.   He also told me I can still use the 2014 version of the software, so I really haven't lost anything.  Sorry to have taken so much of everyone's time.

Message 7 of 7

Hello,

You didn't waste anyone's time because the same thing has happened to me and I was looking for some clarity regarding this mistake. If it's not supported it shouldn't be apart of the package, this is very misleading on their part. Until they specify this package as trial offer in black and white in some form of documentation they will continuously have baffled consumers!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report