Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim -CFD-DSE, Motion and Mechanical, deploy and licensing

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
gunnar_larsson
497 Views, 4 Replies

Sim -CFD-DSE, Motion and Mechanical, deploy and licensing

HI.

I need some info on the best method to create deployments and order of the keys in the license file when getting a system up and running.

The clients are going to run Simulation-Mechanical , CFD-Motion and CFD-Design Study Environment and preferrably have it all available on the same computer (s).

5 NLM-licenses are available for each product.

1) I have the media for CFD and it seems it is the same for CFD-DSE and Motion, but with different Product codes? Can I create one deploy for both?

Mechanical is a separate media?

2) In what order should I put the license keys in the license file, to be shure not to lock a "higher" license with a cheaper one (If f.ex. DSE is included in the Motion package)?

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: gunnar_larsson

Deploy your most *expensive* license suite.  The license manager will cascade appropriately.  This is by design. 

Hope that helps.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: gunnar_larsson

1) I have the media for CFD and it seems it is the same for CFD-DSE and Motion, but with different Product codes? Can I create one deploy for both?

Mechanical is a separate media? yes they are the same the you only need to deploy one

2) In what order should I put the license keys in the license file, to be shure not to lock a "higher" license with a cheaper one (If f.ex. DSE is included in the Motion package)? this should not matter with CFD

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: DarrenP

The license key is irrelevant to the network license server. It will
always try to launch the cheapest license available if it can for that
suite and compatible products in the cascade.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: TravisNave

yes sim mechanical is a separate product and license/installation

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report