Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shifting Dimensions in Acad 2015 LT

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
k_lal00
381 Views, 5 Replies

Shifting Dimensions in Acad 2015 LT

In Acad 2015 LT, I have dimensioned model space objects, while in paperspace. 

If/when I save the file, leave it open to do something else, and then return to the still open file, some, but not all of the dimensions have stretched themselves way off the page. this has also been happening when if I save, close and re-open the file.

This has occurred in more than one drawing.

Does anyone know how to stop this from happening?

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: k_lal00

Post this magic DWG file please, not a PDF: let's see this in action for ourselves.
Message 3 of 6
k_lal00
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for looking into this. Here is the file.

K

Message 4 of 6
k_lal00

ps. I should note that file used to have a lot of xrefs attached to it. Some of the items I had been dimensioning, were located on those xrefs. I don't know if that will make a difference. I have inserted the linework, that had been xref/attached originally.

K

Message 5 of 6
pendean

if your dimensions are not actually snapped to objects in the XREFs (or anywhere else in your file), then dimensions have been known to shift and lose their dimensions. That's the downside of using the advanced associative dimensions feature in AutoCAD, it requires you the user to be very precise about snapping to objects (end, int, mid, qua and so on).
unloading Xrefs or missing Xrefs can do that too.

Could that be your actual problem? Since you dimension in paperspace over viewports that's most likely (and what I see in your shared file). DIMREASSOCIATE command may help fix it for you, but it won't replace the fact that your dimensions are just 'floating' and not anchored to the objects you want dimensioned.

BTW, your file needs purging: it got knocked down to a 1/4 of it's posted size here (664k now).
Message 6 of 6
k_lal00
in reply to: pendean

Thank you for your help and input. I will try alt ways of dimensioning.  I will also try to reassociate the dims.

Strange though, I purged that dwg a couple times before I sent. Maybe I should have purged, closed, reopened and purged again.

k

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report