Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup.exe won't start for any of the 2014 products

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
djreesing
3446 Views, 4 Replies

Setup.exe won't start for any of the 2014 products

Hi there,

I downloaded the installation files for the Product Design Suite Premium/Ultimate 2014 as well as AutoCAD P&ID 2014. Extracting the downloaded files went ok, but when I want to start the setup.exe file nothing happens. For a brief moment I get a wait cursor, but after that nothing. I checked the task manager, but setup.exe only runs for about a second and then dissapears.

I verified that the files where ok by running setup.exe on another computer, and there it worked fine. I booted my computer into safe mode and there it also works, but when I boot back into normal mode the setup.exe just won't start.

I'm running Windows 7 x64 and my user has admin rights.

I've read somewhere that there could be some kind of conflict with a software tool called 'Displaylink Core'. I checked and I indeed had this tool installed, but after uninstalling it the result was the same.

I'm kind of lost here and out of options. Does someone have any suggestion or have a similar experience?

Best regards,

Daniël Reesing

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
djreesing
in reply to: djreesing

Well, problem solved. Apparently there were some software restrictions active which prevented the setup from running. The IT department updated the policy and now it's working.

Regards, Daniël

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Can you specifiy what these problems were? I cant seem to get mine to launch either?

Message 4 of 5
djreesing
in reply to: Anonymous

The IT department at my company has restricted computers from running certain software. Apparently they also blocked something that was needed for the 2014 setup.exe

Ask your system administrator if this is also the case for you, he/she should be able to find the problem then.

If your setup does start, but crashes. You have a different problem and you need to read this: http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2012/05/general-installation-dlumd32dll-displaylink-core-...

Hope this helps

Daniël

Message 5 of 5
littlestephen0

I have a stand-alone computer and I am responsible for it myself but I cannot fathom what is stopping setup.exe from executing. I am trying to install Design Suite 2014. I have copied all the files and folders from the USB to the desktop then after disabling virus killers and spyware checkers and cleaning old AutoDesk entries from the registry and emptying the temp folder on C:/ . UAC is off. Still no success. I tried my 2012 student CD and it installs fine. I have now lost count of how many reboots and lost a days productivity.

Enhanced suckurity features means even I, the purchaser cannot use it ?!?!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report