Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SETUP.EXE - ENTRY POINT NOT FOUND

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
andre.schoeman
16936 Views, 16 Replies

SETUP.EXE - ENTRY POINT NOT FOUND

Good afternoon,

Since yesterday my computer gave me the following message as soon as any Autodesk setup.exe file is executed.

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
frhervet
in reply to: andre.schoeman

Hi,

could you give us more information about which product you want install and what is the operating system ?

Franck Hervet

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
S'il vous plaît Marquer cette réponse comme "Accepter comme solution" si elle répond à votre question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 17
bajjjo
in reply to: frhervet

I am having the exact same problem with Autocad Architecture. It downloads, but gives this message when i try to install it. If you find a solution please let me know

Message 4 of 17
HelenChen-Autodesk
in reply to: bajjjo

Hello bajjjo,

How about you try to restart your machine and make sure you don't have an anti-virus running and try the setup.exe again?

Also make sure your OS account to install has administrator right.

Hope this can help.

Regards,

Helen

Message 5 of 17

Hi there,

It happened with all the Autodesk products when I tried to run the setup.exe Civil 3D, all the Revits and Map 3D.

Renamed the dll file to old, but then just came up with another message and had similar problem on another dll file.

The only way I could get around this, was to reinstall windows, but this means one have to re-install all the products.

I was pushed for time and could not wait, all working now with the new install.

Best Regards,

Andre

Message 6 of 17

Hi,

I am running Windows 7 64 Bit.

Thanks,

Andre

Message 7 of 17

Hello,

Looks like to me it's something about OS problem in your machine, as all setup.exe get the same problem.

Have you patched with Windows 7 SP1? If not, you can patch the Win7 SP1 firstly, and then try to install products again.

Regards,

Helen

Message 8 of 17

Hi there,

I first tried just to install the SP1 and that did not work, so yes must have been related to the OS.

Thanks,

Andre

Message 9 of 17

Hell Andre,

How about you have a look about this post to see whether it can give you some tips?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324762

If possible, you might want to consider to recovery the problematic file LiteHtml.dll similar as above link to see whether can resolve your problems or not.

Good luck.

Regards,

Helen

Message 10 of 17

I just saw all these messages after a long day. Yes, the only way to do this is to reinstall windows, which i did since a bit of googling confirmed that it was a registery problem. I have just successfully loaded the Autocad Architecture a little while ago. Thanks for all the advice.

Message 11 of 17

"Have you patched with Windows 7 SP1? If not, you can patch the Win7 SP1 firstly, and then try to install products again."

How do you do this?

Message 12 of 17
skvapil
in reply to: shamilaisageek

How did you reinstall windows?

Message 13 of 17
andre.schoeman
in reply to: skvapil

Hi there,

I booted my laptop from the original Windows 7 CD and just reinstalled Windows, after the installation I had to reinstall all my software again and not only Autodesk but the rest as well.  I just did reinstall did not format or did anything to the partitioning.

Windows also creates a folder c:\windowsold\users\... in this folder is all the users old information and copied it from there to the new user profile.

I did first try only to install SP1 but with no success and had to reinstall Windows 7 again.

Best Regards,

Andre

Message 14 of 17
jfrost5
in reply to: andre.schoeman

Try checking C:\Windows\SysWOW64 for the litehtml.dll - if there is a copy there, move or rename it & try the install again.  I ran into this issue when installing AutoCAD 2013.  After moving the litehtml file, I got an error with another dll.  It was in the same SysWOW64 folder and had the same date as the litehtml.  I ended up moving all files that matched that date out of the SysWOW64 folder.  After doing that, I was able to successful install the product.

Message 15 of 17
bart.doedens
in reply to: jfrost5

Hi jfrost5, thanks for the fix. Our client had the same issue but they had MS Windows 7 32bit so I found the litehtml.dll and another file called CIPUtil.dll under C:\Windows\System32 and I moved them to a temporary folder and renamed them. After that AutoCAD 2013 installed successfully. I have attached the error messages our client was receiving. Cheers for your help.

Message 16 of 17

Message 17 of 17

How can I solve this problem ,please?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report