Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
mjdouglas
319 Views, 2 Replies

setting up license

We have 2 seats of Autocad LT that is currently running on a server.  I want to be able to check out the license and use it on my computer.  We do this with ProE. If it works like ProE I will need to install autocad on my laptop and then point it at the license file on the server.  Does it work this way and where can I find instructions on setting this up?

Thanks,

Mike Douglas

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
philip.s
in reply to: mjdouglas

Hi mjdouglas,

AutoCAD LT is currently not available in a networked deployment, only as a standalone which will not allow you to check out seats.

I've linked the following AutoCAD vs AutoCAD LT comparison matrix for your reference, which includes the software management differences.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions or accept as a solution if this fully answers your inquiry.

Message 3 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: mjdouglas

For you to do this with AutoCAD LT, you first need to have the Inventor LT network package that includes AutoCAD LT.  It's the only network licensed version of LT.  Otherwise it is all stand-alone.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report